Double-Amputee Olympic Star Pistorius Involved in Deadly Shooting
South African Olympic and Paralympic track star Oscar Pistorius has been arrested on suspicion of shooting dead his girlfriend at his home after mistaking her for an intruder.
According to reports of local media based on police reports, a 30-year-old woman was found fatally shot at Pistorius' house in Pretoria on Thursday.
The incident happened at 3AM local time (1AM GMT), according to reports of The Guardian.
The woman, believed to be Reeva Steenkampa, a cover girl for the local edition of FHM magazine, was shot in the arm and head.
Police have not yet confirmed the identity of the arrested 26-year-old man and the victim.
Pistorius, 26, was the first double amputee to take part in the Olympics.
- » Crashed Germanwings Plane Co-Pilot Battled Depression, Media Reports Say
- » Airlines Implement Further Security Measures
- » Police Searches House of Germanwings Co-Pilot
- » Croatian Culture Minister Resigns Over Financial Irregularities
- » Bulgarian Workers Are Safe as Situation in Chile Normalises
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Deliberately Crashed Plane