Bulgarian Journalists Arrested for Drugs Possession in Barcelona
Two Bulgarian journalists have been arrested for possession of drugs in Barcelona, where they were attending an international conference, local media reported.
They were detained for 24 hours on February 10 for possession of drugs, most probably marijuana, Nova TV channel reported.
Barcelona police acted on a tip-off by another Bulgarian journalist, covering the event.
It was not immediately clear what was the amount of the drugs and whether the journalists have been released.
Bulgarian authorities said no further information is available because the detained journalists refused to formally notify the embassy of their arrest.
It is still unknown whether the two Bulgarian journalists will be charged with drugs possession.
- » Bulgaria Govt Confirms Arrest of French National en Route to Turkey
- » French National Detained in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Reports Successful Operation Against Cigarette Smugglers
- » Sarafovo Attack: Bulgarian Court Fails to Launch Trial
- » Bulgarian-Australian National Detained over Terrorism 'Sympathized with IS'
- » Syrian Man Shot Near Central Sofia 'Involved in People Smuggling'