Bulgarian Journalists Arrested for Drugs Possession in Barcelona
Two Bulgarian journalists have been arrested for possession of drugs in Barcelona, where they were attending an international conference, local media reported.
They were detained for 24 hours on February 10 for possession of drugs, most probably marijuana, Nova TV channel reported.
Barcelona police acted on a tip-off by another Bulgarian journalist, covering the event.
It was not immediately clear what was the amount of the drugs and whether the journalists have been released.
Bulgarian authorities said no further information is available because the detained journalists refused to formally notify the embassy of their arrest.
It is still unknown whether the two Bulgarian journalists will be charged with drugs possession.
- » At Least 28 Dead as Two Blasts Rock Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Bus With 65 Illegal Migrants Near Tsarevo
- » Bulgaria Drops Case against Border Police Officer Who Shot Migrant
- » Four Items Stolen from Cathedral in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgarian National Sought in Interpol Anti-Smuggling Operation
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Crime Group Making Fake Identity Documents