Bulgarian Journalists Arrested for Drugs Possession in Barcelona
Two Bulgarian journalists have been arrested for possession of drugs in Barcelona, where they were attending an international conference, local media reported.
They were detained for 24 hours on February 10 for possession of drugs, most probably marijuana, Nova TV channel reported.
Barcelona police acted on a tip-off by another Bulgarian journalist, covering the event.
It was not immediately clear what was the amount of the drugs and whether the journalists have been released.
Bulgarian authorities said no further information is available because the detained journalists refused to formally notify the embassy of their arrest.
It is still unknown whether the two Bulgarian journalists will be charged with drugs possession.
- » Special Prosecutor's Office Ends KTB Investigation, 18 People Indicted
- » Increased Police Presence Along E-79 Due To Casino Robbery
- » Police Turns Over 7 Bulgarian Citizens to Greek Authorities
- » Two Israelis Detained over Death Case Near Bulgaria's Samokov
- » Bulgarian Police 'Helping People Smugglers', Migrant Claims
- » Mayor of Bulgaria's Galiche Released on Bail