Bulgarian Journalists Arrested for Drugs Possession in Barcelona
Two Bulgarian journalists have been arrested for possession of drugs in Barcelona, where they were attending an international conference, local media reported.
They were detained for 24 hours on February 10 for possession of drugs, most probably marijuana, Nova TV channel reported.
Barcelona police acted on a tip-off by another Bulgarian journalist, covering the event.
It was not immediately clear what was the amount of the drugs and whether the journalists have been released.
Bulgarian authorities said no further information is available because the detained journalists refused to formally notify the embassy of their arrest.
It is still unknown whether the two Bulgarian journalists will be charged with drugs possession.
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24