Bulgarian Parliament Refuses to Discuss PM's Alleged Murky Past
The Bulgarian Parliament expectedly refused to create an ad-hoc committee of inquiry that would discuss Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's alleged past as a secret informant for the country's anti-mafia unit back in the 1990s.
The proposal for the establishment of an ad-hoc committee on Borisov's alleged mafia past was made by the left-wing Bulgarian Socialist Party and was backed by other oppositional formations. However, it was rejected by the ruling centrist-right GERB, which has a majority in Parliament.
A leaked document, recently released by the site for investigative journalism Bivol.bg revealed that current Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, has been recruited in the past as a secret agent of the Central Services for Combatting Organized Crime, CSBOP. Borisov's codename was Buddha.
Borisov was, allegedly, recruited as informant over his ties with the mafia.
The plan for Borisov's surveillance required establishing "Borisov's associations with powerful business organizations, the influence of these organizations, and the source of their capital; clarifying connections of the subject with people and businesses linked to criminal activities."
- » The New Tiles in front of the National Palace of Culture did not Last Until the End of the European Presidency
- » Over 20.7 million leva have been Allocated to Overcome the Consequences of Disasters in Bulgaria
- » For the Moment, Bulgaria will not Extradite Bulgarians to the Case of "Zhelyaz Andreev"
- » Bulgarian PM: Bulgaria Has Reduced Its External Debt
- » Film Shooting Changes Urban Mobility in Sofia
- » Municipality Officials Want to Pay a Fine Imposed on the Chief Architect of Sofia
"Yes, there is a huge difference between being a high level informant and being a lowlife criminal who "accidentally" rose to the "top". For an ever shorter while."
I think you will find that Parvanov was President for 10 years - hardly a "shorter while"
O sancta simplicitas! Indeed so many independent sources revealed Bojko the Pumpkin as a person involved in criminal activity. Pyrvanov was just a State Security informator. However, Borisov was a Communist Party member until 1995 together with Pyrvanov and Stanishev.