Bulgarian PM: Young Milanovic Advertized Bulgaria in Croatia by Wearing Jeans
Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov has coined his latest flamboyant statement, this time over stressing the warm ties between Croatia and Bulgaria during the visit of Croatian PM Zoran Milanovic in Sofia.
"Zoran Milanovic acted as one of the first advertizering faces of Bulgaria abroad. When he was a kid, he came to Bulgaria for a holiday an his mother bought him Bulgarian Rila jeans," said Borisov at a press event after meeting Milanovic.
"He was the first Croatian to wear Rila jeans in Zagreb and so he was advertizing Bulgaria," added the Bulgarian PM.
Otherwise, the two PMs discussed topics of mutual interest, such as trade between the two countries, and EU integration processes in the context of Croatia's imminent July 1 accession.
Bulgarian PM Borisov once again spoke up in favor of stringent budget discipline, singling out his country as allegedly among Europe's top examples in the area.
He also stressed Bulgaria's allegedly favorable position and successful practices in the absorption of EU funds.
The two Balkan PMs, in particular Croatia's Milanovic, further expressed their support for the EU membership bid of fellow Balkan country Macedonia.
- » Hamas, Fatah 'to Form Unity Government'
- » Atanas Paparizov Elected Head of Bulgaria's Permanent Mission to WTO
- » Bulgaria's President to Attend Double Canonization at the Vatican
- » President Plevneliev, Vice-President Biden Discuss Ukraine
- » Ukraine, EU, Russia, US Strike Deal in Geneva
- » Ukraine, EU, Russia, US to Meet in Geneva