Expansion of Sofia Airport Terminal 2 to Absorb BGN 2 M
Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski has announced that a sum of nearly BGN 2 M will be invested in the expansion of Sofia Airport.
Speaking Tuesday at the sod-turning ceremony, Moskovski noted that the project for the expansion of the airport met all Schengen requirements.
He informed that the project had a price tag of BGN 1 947 557, VAT excluded, and would be implemented by AT Engineering 2000, which had been selected through a public procurement procedure.
Moskovski, as cited by the Focus news agency, commented that the reconstruction and expansion of the passenger gallery of Sofia Airport's Terminal 2 was driven by the constantly growing number of passengers and the need for better and faster service.
The expansion of the passenger gallery at Terminal 2 of the Sofia Airport is to boost its capacity, servicing 200 000 passengers more a year.
In four months' time, Sofia Airport is to be equipped with 4 new exits, 3 for departure passengers and one for baggage claim.
The project also envisages the construction of cafes, shops, and restaurants.
"Over the past few years, large airports in Bulgaria have been developing at a very good pace. A new control tower was opened at Sofia Airport, as well as a renovated runway at the Varna Airport, and the new terminals at the airports in Burgas and Varna will be opened in a few months' time," Moskovski stated.
He said that the willingness of aviation giant Lufthansa Technik to concentrate a large part of its activities in Europe in Bulgaria was a good illustration of the development of the sector.
- » Minister of Tourism: 'I Am Ready to Meet Representatives of the Union of Owners of Sunny Beach'
- » Bulgaria to Cooperate with Egypt in the Sphere of Tourism
- » Owners of restaurants in Sunny Beach Will Protest
- » Varna’s Sky Restaurant Sees Emergency Landing by NRA Inspectors
- » Bulgarian Minister of Tourism: 'Late Night Police Raids Mar the Image of Bulgarian Sea Resorts
- » Ryanair Calls for Two-Drink Maximum at Airports