Bulgaria 'Strongly Condemns' North Korea's 3rd Nuclear Test
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry has condemned on behalf of the Bulgarian government the third nuclear test of North Korea, which was carried out by its communist dictatorship on Tuesday.
"Bulgaria strongly condemns the third nuclear test carried out by the DPRK, which is leading to an even more acute increase in tension in the region and to further isolation of the country," Bulgarian Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Vesela Cherneva said in a statement.
Cherneva pointed out that "North Korea's nuclear test is an ostentatious violation of UN Security Council Resolutions 1718, 1874 and 2087 and the Safeguards Agreement with the International Atomic Energy Agency."
"This provocative act seriously undermines the efforts of the international community to achieve genuine and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula," Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry said.
"We strongly urge the DPRK to abandon its nuclear program in a transparent and verifiable manner, to comply fully with its international commitments and to direct its efforts towards active dialogue and negotiations with the international community to achieve lasting peace and security in the region of Northeast Asia," Cherneva elaborated.
- » The EU-Turkey Meeting in Varna is far from Certain
- » The Venezuelan Consulate in Miami may be Shut Down Because of Unpaid Rents
- » Serbia's President Alexander Vucic Arrives on an Official Visit to Bulgaria
- » Serbian President Alexander Vucic will be on a Working Visit to Bulgaria Tomorrow
- » Prime Ministers Boyko Borissov and Victor Orban Called For Reliable EU Border Protection
- » Boyko Borisov will have Dinner with European Leaders at Hertoginnedal Castle near Brussels