Bulgaria 'Strongly Condemns' North Korea's 3rd Nuclear Test
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry has condemned on behalf of the Bulgarian government the third nuclear test of North Korea, which was carried out by its communist dictatorship on Tuesday.
"Bulgaria strongly condemns the third nuclear test carried out by the DPRK, which is leading to an even more acute increase in tension in the region and to further isolation of the country," Bulgarian Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Vesela Cherneva said in a statement.
Cherneva pointed out that "North Korea's nuclear test is an ostentatious violation of UN Security Council Resolutions 1718, 1874 and 2087 and the Safeguards Agreement with the International Atomic Energy Agency."
"This provocative act seriously undermines the efforts of the international community to achieve genuine and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula," Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry said.
"We strongly urge the DPRK to abandon its nuclear program in a transparent and verifiable manner, to comply fully with its international commitments and to direct its efforts towards active dialogue and negotiations with the international community to achieve lasting peace and security in the region of Northeast Asia," Cherneva elaborated.
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister, Estonian Ambassador: EU’s Security Requires Solidarity, Unity
- » Joe Biden to Try Talking Turkey's Erdogan into Fighting IS
- » Obama Congratulates Borisov on Re-election as Bulgarian PM
- » Irina Bokova Is Likely Nominee For UN Head – French Media
- » Bulgaria Concerned over Escalating Jerusalem Tensions
- » Presidents of Bulgaria, Poland Back EU Energy Union