Hezbollah to Make Its Case on Bulgaria Indictment Febr 16
Those awaiting Hezbollah's reaction to the accusation that two members of its military wing were responsible for the Bulgaria bombing will have to wait until February 16, the online edition Al Monitor, reported, citing sources from the party in Beirut.
Lebanese organization Hezbollah already dismissed the allegations voiced by Bulgaria that it was involved in the terror attack in Burgas last year as an "Israeli smear campaign."
If the party has anything more to say, it will be said by Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah on Feb. 16, Al Monitor, reported, citing insiders.
The article specified that the statement will be part of a speech Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah will deliver on an occasion, which "holds great meaning to the issue at hand".
"On Feb. 16, Nasrallah will give a public speech in Beirut on the occasion of the assassination of three of the party's leaders: Sheikh Ragheb Harb, whom the Israelis assassinated in his village of Jebchit in southern Lebanon on Feb. 16, 1984, when the Israeli army occupied the area; former Hezbollah Secretary-General Sayyed Abbas al-Musawi, who was killed by an Israeli air strike on the same day and place, but in 1992, as he was participating in the eighth anniversary of Harb's assassination; and Hezbollah military official Imad Mughniyeh, who was assassinated in Damascus by an explosion in his car on Feb. 13, 2008."
The article stressed it is very important for Nasrallah to speak about the indictment on Feb. 16 in order to place the issue in the context of Hezbollah's persecution and encirclement.
According to the Hezbollah sources, the party sees the Bulgarian indictment from two critical angles.
On the one hand, the indictment is linked to the expected new phase in Syria and is part of the global war waged by Washington and Israel against Hezbollah.
The other interpretation links Bulgaria's indictment to what has been described as "the long intelligence war between Hezbollah and Washington".
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated last Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
The July 18 bombing at the Burgas airport killed 5 Israeli tourists, their Bulgarian bus driver and the perpetrator of the attack.
- » Roderick Moore to Serve as Interim U.S. Chargе d’Affaires in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Future Ambassador to Turkey to Place Emphasis on Border Security
- » Bulgaria Expresses Solidarity with Turkey – FM
- » EU Solidarity Key to Tackling Common Challenges, Mogherini Says on Bulgaria Visit
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Ministry to Teach US Visa Applicants How to Avoid Formal Errors
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov to Pay One-Day Working Visit to Bavaria