CEZ Says Bulgaria Protests Differ From Albania
CEZ AS, the largest Czech power producer, said Bulgarian protests against energy bills differ from the situation in Albania which revoked its license, Hospodarske Noviny reported, citing Tomas Pleskac, the head of distribution.
Thousands of Bulgarians protested over the weekend against higher electricity bills in the country where CEZ controls three power distribution companies, the newspaper said, as cited by Bloomberg agency.
The Albanian energy regulator revoked CEZ's license in January following disputes over tariffs and taxes.
- » Striking Bulgarian Miners Refuse to Leave Pit
- » EC Threatens Punitive Measures against Bulgaria, Serbia over South Stream
- » Bulgaria Braces for Possible Disruption in Russian Gas Supplies
- » Power Rates in Bulgaria to Go Up by up to 10% as of October - Watchdog
- » Workers at Burgas-Based Mine Stage Protest over Unpaid Salaries
- » Eurocoal: Bulgaria's Coal Production Decreases over Past Few Years