CEZ Says Bulgaria Protests Differ From Albania
CEZ AS, the largest Czech power producer, said Bulgarian protests against energy bills differ from the situation in Albania which revoked its license, Hospodarske Noviny reported, citing Tomas Pleskac, the head of distribution.
Thousands of Bulgarians protested over the weekend against higher electricity bills in the country where CEZ controls three power distribution companies, the newspaper said, as cited by Bloomberg agency.
The Albanian energy regulator revoked CEZ's license in January following disputes over tariffs and taxes.
- » EU Energy Commissioner Negotiates Key Energy Projects With Greek Govt
- » Bulgaria, Serbia to Ink Gas Interconnector MoU
- » License for Kozloduy's Fifth Unit To Be Issued by September
- » Bulgaria, Macedonia Mull Coupling Day-Ahead Electricity Markets
- » Bulgaria’s Former Vice PM Indicted for EVN Privatisation
- » Bulgaria Halts Electricity Exports