CEZ Says Bulgaria Protests Differ From Albania
CEZ AS, the largest Czech power producer, said Bulgarian protests against energy bills differ from the situation in Albania which revoked its license, Hospodarske Noviny reported, citing Tomas Pleskac, the head of distribution.
Thousands of Bulgarians protested over the weekend against higher electricity bills in the country where CEZ controls three power distribution companies, the newspaper said, as cited by Bloomberg agency.
The Albanian energy regulator revoked CEZ's license in January following disputes over tariffs and taxes.
- » First Sections of North Stream 2 To Be Ready in November
- » Bulgaria MPs Set Up Committee to Investigate Fuels Market, Bobov Dol Mine
- » Bulgarian ex-EconMin Indicted over Abandoned Belene Nuclear Plant
- » Bulgaria's Energy Minister Dismisses Stanishev Cabinet Ministers From State Energy Ventures
- » FT: Bulgarian and Greek Pipeline Aims to Cut Gas Dependency on Russia
- » Two Indicted in Bulgaria over Nuclear Plant Deal with Russia