CEZ Says Bulgaria Protests Differ From Albania
CEZ AS, the largest Czech power producer, said Bulgarian protests against energy bills differ from the situation in Albania which revoked its license, Hospodarske Noviny reported, citing Tomas Pleskac, the head of distribution.
Thousands of Bulgarians protested over the weekend against higher electricity bills in the country where CEZ controls three power distribution companies, the newspaper said, as cited by Bloomberg agency.
The Albanian energy regulator revoked CEZ's license in January following disputes over tariffs and taxes.
- » Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Head, One Deputy Resign
- » Europe to Rely Heavily on Russian Gas Until 2020 at Least, Fitch Says
- » Bulgaria Decides to Set up Energy Board
- » NEK Hikes Power Prices For Some Companies
- » Russia Energy Minister, EU Energy Commissioner to Discuss South Stream
- » Power Rate Hike Will Not Affect Big Enterprises in Bulgaria – Expert