CEZ Says Bulgaria Protests Differ From Albania
CEZ AS, the largest Czech power producer, said Bulgarian protests against energy bills differ from the situation in Albania which revoked its license, Hospodarske Noviny reported, citing Tomas Pleskac, the head of distribution.
Thousands of Bulgarians protested over the weekend against higher electricity bills in the country where CEZ controls three power distribution companies, the newspaper said, as cited by Bloomberg agency.
The Albanian energy regulator revoked CEZ's license in January following disputes over tariffs and taxes.
- » Gazprom Surprised, Disappointed at EC Stance on South Stream
- » Romanians Threaten to Set Houses Ablaze in Protest against Chevron Fracking
- » Bulgaria Urges Active Dialogue between EC, Russia on South Stream
- » Bulgaria's Wind, Solar Power Producers Want New Fee Vetoed
- » EU: Bulgaria Must Re-Negotiate South Stream Deal with Russia
- » Bulgaria MPs Ok 20% Renewable Energy Tax, Defy Protests