Bulgaria State-Owned Supplier Wants Gas Prices Unchanged in Q2, 2013
State-owned gas supplier Bulgargaz has suggested that the price of natural gas should remain unchanged in the second quarter of 2013.
Under Bulgargaz' estimate, the price of natural gas should stay at BGN 656.47 per 1000 cubic meters, VAT and excise duty excluded, at the level of Q1, 2013, according to a media statement of the company.
The price estimate takes into account the positive trend in the BGN/USD exchange rate, the rising prices of alternatives to natural gas on international markets, and legal requirements for price regulation.
Starting January 1, 2013, the price of natural gas was reduced by 9.83% compared to the previous quarter.
Bulgargaz is to submit its final proposal with the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) on March 11, after which the energy watchdog will set the price for the period April – June 2013.
- » Bulgaria Set to Open Soon Licensing Round for Black Sea Oil, Gas - Reuters
- » Turkish Stream Route Might Be Extended - Russia Energy Min
- » Bulgaria's Energy Minister Mulls Levying Energy Exports
- » Russia Likely to End Gas Transit via Ukraine in 2019
- » Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP Shuts for Annual Overhaul
- » Framework Power Price Deal with Bulgaria Is ‘Win-Win Proposition’, AES Says