Bulgaria State-Owned Supplier Wants Gas Prices Unchanged in Q2, 2013
State-owned gas supplier Bulgargaz has suggested that the price of natural gas should remain unchanged in the second quarter of 2013.
Under Bulgargaz' estimate, the price of natural gas should stay at BGN 656.47 per 1000 cubic meters, VAT and excise duty excluded, at the level of Q1, 2013, according to a media statement of the company.
The price estimate takes into account the positive trend in the BGN/USD exchange rate, the rising prices of alternatives to natural gas on international markets, and legal requirements for price regulation.
Starting January 1, 2013, the price of natural gas was reduced by 9.83% compared to the previous quarter.
Bulgargaz is to submit its final proposal with the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) on March 11, after which the energy watchdog will set the price for the period April – June 2013.
- » Energy Watchdog Chair – Further Postponement of New Power Prices Is Impossible
- » Bulgarian Employers, Trade Unions to Protest Planned Power Price Hike
- » EU Commissioner for Energy Union Maros Sefcovic to Visit Bulgaria on September 15
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister, Slovakia’s Economy Minister Discuss Eastring
- » Energy Watchdog to Announce New Electricity Prices on July 31
- » Bulgarian Parliament Committee Moves to Address Deficits at Power Company NEK