Syrian Opposition Members Arrive in Bulgaria
Representatives of the Syrian opposition have arrived in Bulgaria at the invitation of the Association for Free Syria, a NGO, announced the Association Monday.
The Syrian opposition members visiting Bulgaria include the spokesperson of the National Coalition of Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces, Walid Al-Bunni, and Alhares Al-Nabhan, also a member of its leader, who, according to the NGO that invited them, are representatives of the secular wing in the Coalition.
The National Coalition of the Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces was recognized as a "lawful representative of the aspirations of the Syrian people" by the EU on November 19, 2012, the NGO reminds.
The goal of the visit is said to be to enable the Syrian opposition to get more familiar with the work of the Association for Free Syria, which has been holding protest rallies and staging initiatives in support of the opposition against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
The Association for Free Syria was formally registered in Bulgaria established to boost the ties between Bulgarians and Syrians "as free peoples".
The National Coalition of the Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces is a coalition of Syrian opposition groups established on November 11, 2012, at a conference of the Syrian opposition in Doha, Qatar, by 14 entities, with Caior, Egypt, as its formal seat.
It is chaired by moderate Islamic cleric Ahmed Moaz al-Khatib, 52.
- » Bulgaria Completes 'Successful' Chairmanship of CoE's Committee of Ministers
- » Bulgaria to Help Albania in EU Integration
- » Politico: Bulgaria's Georgieva 'Possible Late Entry Candidate' for UN Top Job
- » Bulgaria Puts Focus on Protecting Media Freedom as Chair of CoE Committee of Ministers
- » Bulgaria's President to Be Received By Pope Francis
- » Energy Cooperation in Focus of Bulgarian Foreign Minister’s Visit to Azerbaijan