Bulgaria Thanks US for Terror Probe Assistance
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has expressed his gratitude to the US for its assistance in the probe into last year’s terror attack in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
Borisov and US Secretary of State John Kerry talked over the phone late on Saturday, the Bulgarian government’s press office has said.
Kerry has thanked Bulgaria for the “high professionalism” exhibited during the investigation.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators now have "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
During Saturday’s phone conversation, Borisov and Kerry also discussed the potential abolition of US visas for Bulgarian citizens.
- » Putin and Trump Might Meet at International Forum in Vietnam
- » Canadian Mineral Exploration Company has Signed a 3-Year Exploration Agreement with Bulgaria
- » The US Secretary of State made a Surprise Visit to Iraq
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva will be on a Two-Day Visit to France
- » A European Funding will be Provided for the Construction of the Railway Link Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » President of the House of Representatives of Greece: 'Greece will be Side by Side with Bulgaria During the Presidency of the Council of the EU'