Bulgaria Thanks US for Terror Probe Assistance
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has expressed his gratitude to the US for its assistance in the probe into last year’s terror attack in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
Borisov and US Secretary of State John Kerry talked over the phone late on Saturday, the Bulgarian government’s press office has said.
Kerry has thanked Bulgaria for the “high professionalism” exhibited during the investigation.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators now have "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
During Saturday’s phone conversation, Borisov and Kerry also discussed the potential abolition of US visas for Bulgarian citizens.
- » Canada Abolishes Visas for Bulgarians As Of December 1, 2017
- » Donald Tusk: Russia's Strategy Is To Weaken EU
- » Syria Threatens To Shoot Down Turkish Aircraft in Breach of Its Airspace
- » UNESCO Adopts Resolution on Palestinian Cultural Heritage
- » EU Commissioner Georgieva's Past, Family Ties Questioned in Think-Tank Report
- » Both Bokova, Georgieva Stand Good Chance of Becoming UN Deputy Secretary General