Bulgaria Thanks US for Terror Probe Assistance
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has expressed his gratitude to the US for its assistance in the probe into last year’s terror attack in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
Borisov and US Secretary of State John Kerry talked over the phone late on Saturday, the Bulgarian government’s press office has said.
Kerry has thanked Bulgaria for the “high professionalism” exhibited during the investigation.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators now have "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
During Saturday’s phone conversation, Borisov and Kerry also discussed the potential abolition of US visas for Bulgarian citizens.
- » “We Need More UN’’, Bulgaria’s Irina Bokova Tells RFI
- » Anatoly Makarov Appointed as Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » UN to Hold Next Straw Poll for Top Job on August 29
- » Turkey Offers Bulgaria Bilateral Mechanism on Migration
- » Bulgaria Hands Over Alleged Gulen Supporter to Turkey
- » Bulgaria’s Irina Bokova Drops to 5th Spot in Second Vote for UN Chief