Iran to Recall Ambassador from Bulgaria over Hezbollah Accusation - Report
Iran will recall its ambassador to Sofia over the Bulgarian cabinet's implication of Hezbollah in the 2012 terrorist attack against Israeli tourists in Burgas, according to reports.
Ambassador Gholamreza Bageri will depart from Sofia and Iran will probably downgrade diplomatic relations with Bulgaria, writes the online edition of 24 Chasa daily.
At a press event Friday, Bageri reiterated that Iran is in no way involved in the Burgas bus bombing.
Iran and Bulgaria have traditionally maintained friendly relations, something stressed by Bageri Friday.
- » Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev to Meet Queen Elizabeth II
- » Bulgaria Appoints Consul Generals of Dubai and Istanbul
- » Bulgarian President, Qatari Emir Discuss Energy Independence
- » Polish PM Warns against Germany’s Gas Dependence
- » Bulgaria Will Not Accept Results of Crimean Referendum, Says FM
- » Bulgarian President to Propose New Gas Transit Routes to Qatari Emir