Iran to Recall Ambassador from Bulgaria over Hezbollah Accusation - Report
Iran will recall its ambassador to Sofia over the Bulgarian cabinet's implication of Hezbollah in the 2012 terrorist attack against Israeli tourists in Burgas, according to reports.
Ambassador Gholamreza Bageri will depart from Sofia and Iran will probably downgrade diplomatic relations with Bulgaria, writes the online edition of 24 Chasa daily.
At a press event Friday, Bageri reiterated that Iran is in no way involved in the Burgas bus bombing.
Iran and Bulgaria have traditionally maintained friendly relations, something stressed by Bageri Friday.
- » “We Need More UN’’, Bulgaria’s Irina Bokova Tells RFI
- » Anatoly Makarov Appointed as Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » UN to Hold Next Straw Poll for Top Job on August 29
- » Turkey Offers Bulgaria Bilateral Mechanism on Migration
- » Bulgaria Hands Over Alleged Gulen Supporter to Turkey
- » Bulgaria’s Irina Bokova Drops to 5th Spot in Second Vote for UN Chief