Iran to Recall Ambassador from Bulgaria over Hezbollah Accusation - Report
Iran will recall its ambassador to Sofia over the Bulgarian cabinet's implication of Hezbollah in the 2012 terrorist attack against Israeli tourists in Burgas, according to reports.
Ambassador Gholamreza Bageri will depart from Sofia and Iran will probably downgrade diplomatic relations with Bulgaria, writes the online edition of 24 Chasa daily.
At a press event Friday, Bageri reiterated that Iran is in no way involved in the Burgas bus bombing.
Iran and Bulgaria have traditionally maintained friendly relations, something stressed by Bageri Friday.
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea to Send EU Special Representative to Macedonia – Minister
- » Cabinet Proposes Former Foreign Minister as New Bulgarian Ambassador to Turkey
- » Bulgaria President to Take Over SE European Cooperation Process
- » Croatia’s Foreign Minister Arrives in Bulgaria for Official Visit
- » Maite Nkoana-Mashabane: ‘Vision of Integrated Africa Becoming Reality’
- » Pope Francis Receives Bulgarian PM, Delegation at Audience in Vatican