Winter Storm Nemo Leaves 0.6 M without Power in NE US
Two people are reported to have perished, and hundreds of thousands have been left in the dark in the aftermath of a severe winter storm in the north-east US.
Extensive snowfall in the so-called Nemo storm cut the power of an estimated 650,000 residents of New England and the states of New York and New Jersey.
Over 5,300 flights from and into the region have been canceled.
The states of Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and Massachusetts have declared an emergency situation.
Snow up to 70 cm has accumulated in most areas, blown by high winds.
The situation is also grave in neighboring south-eastern Canada.
- » Romania’s Petrotel Lukoil Refinery Indicted for Money Laundering
- » Ukraine President Hints Putin Could Attack Bulgaria, Romania
- » Croatia’s Foreign Minister Vesna Pusic Confirms She Will Run for UN Chief
- » Germany's Merkel 'to Run for 4th Term' in 2017
- » PKK Bombs Railway in Turkey's Kars, Police Kills Three Kurdish Rebels in Agri
- » Immigration is EU Citizens’ Main Concern – Survey