Winter Storm Nemo Leaves 0.6 M without Power in NE US
Two people are reported to have perished, and hundreds of thousands have been left in the dark in the aftermath of a severe winter storm in the north-east US.
Extensive snowfall in the so-called Nemo storm cut the power of an estimated 650,000 residents of New England and the states of New York and New Jersey.
Over 5,300 flights from and into the region have been canceled.
The states of Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and Massachusetts have declared an emergency situation.
Snow up to 70 cm has accumulated in most areas, blown by high winds.
The situation is also grave in neighboring south-eastern Canada.
- » Saudi-Led Campaign Targets Rebel Positions in Yemen’s Capital
- » Lubitz's Mental Health: Just One of Several Leads in Germanwings Plane Crash Inquiry
- » Saudi Arabia Evacuates Diplomats While Continuing Airstrikes on Yemen
- » 17 People Killed as Somali Troops Regain Control of Occupied Hotel
- » Israel to Unfreeze Tax Transfers to Palestine
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Wanted to Make His Name Known Worldwide