Winter Storm Nemo Leaves 0.6 M without Power in NE US
Two people are reported to have perished, and hundreds of thousands have been left in the dark in the aftermath of a severe winter storm in the north-east US.
Extensive snowfall in the so-called Nemo storm cut the power of an estimated 650,000 residents of New England and the states of New York and New Jersey.
Over 5,300 flights from and into the region have been canceled.
The states of Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and Massachusetts have declared an emergency situation.
Snow up to 70 cm has accumulated in most areas, blown by high winds.
The situation is also grave in neighboring south-eastern Canada.
- » Turkey's Cavusoglu: Ground Operation in Iraq Is Possible If Turkey Is Threatened
- » European Parliament: Monitoring of Bulgaria, Romania Abolished
- » Greece To Receive EUR 2.8 B Tranche Under Third Bailout Programme
- » Explosion Rocks Antalya Chamber of Commerce
- » Hungarian PM Orban: We Must End Europe's Sovietisation
- » Brussels Capital Region Blocks CETA As Well