Winter Storm Nemo Leaves 0.6 M without Power in NE US
Two people are reported to have perished, and hundreds of thousands have been left in the dark in the aftermath of a severe winter storm in the north-east US.
Extensive snowfall in the so-called Nemo storm cut the power of an estimated 650,000 residents of New England and the states of New York and New Jersey.
Over 5,300 flights from and into the region have been canceled.
The states of Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and Massachusetts have declared an emergency situation.
Snow up to 70 cm has accumulated in most areas, blown by high winds.
The situation is also grave in neighboring south-eastern Canada.
- » Israel Attacks Leave at Least 2 Dead, Many Wounded
- » EU Ready to Temporarily Lift Belarus Sanctions
- » Dutch Safety Board to Publish Final Report on MH17 Disaster
- » UK-Born Princeton Professor Angus Deaton Wins 2015 Nobel Prize in Economics
- » NATO Must Address Three Priorities amid Current Instability, Stoltenberg Says
- » Turkish PM Points to IS as Prime Suspect for Ankara Suicide Bombings