Bulgaria's Anev Grabs 11th Place at Biathlon World Championship
Bulgarian athlete Krasimir Anev made a strong race and finished 11th at the 10-km sprint in the Biathlon World Championships in Nove Mesto, the Czech Republic.
This is the best Bulgarian performance at a Biatlon World Championship since 1985, and among Anev's personal best.
The 25-year-old finished in 24:13.4 mins, without any error in shooting.
Norwegian Emil Hegle Svendsen grabbed the gold with 23:25.1 mins and one error in shooting.
French Martin Fourcade finished second, while Slovene Jakov Fak grabbed the bronze medal.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round
- » Bulgaria to Provide BGN 1.1 M for Hosting U-17 Euro in 2015