Bulgaria's Anev Grabs 11th Place at Biathlon World Championship
Bulgarian athlete Krasimir Anev made a strong race and finished 11th at the 10-km sprint in the Biathlon World Championships in Nove Mesto, the Czech Republic.
This is the best Bulgarian performance at a Biatlon World Championship since 1985, and among Anev's personal best.
The 25-year-old finished in 24:13.4 mins, without any error in shooting.
Norwegian Emil Hegle Svendsen grabbed the gold with 23:25.1 mins and one error in shooting.
French Martin Fourcade finished second, while Slovene Jakov Fak grabbed the bronze medal.
- » Former Bulgarian Captain Stiliyan Petrov Returns to Aston Villa
- » At Least 110 Bulgarians to Compete in European Games 2015
- » Skiers Speak Out Against FIS Reaction to Dangerous Race Conditions
- » Anna Fenninger Records Second Victory at Ski World Cup in Bansko
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of ATP Top Ten
- » Anna Fenninger Wins Alpine Skiing World Cup Combined Race in Bansko