Bulgaria's Anev Grabs 11th Place at Biathlon World Championship
Bulgarian athlete Krasimir Anev made a strong race and finished 11th at the 10-km sprint in the Biathlon World Championships in Nove Mesto, the Czech Republic.
This is the best Bulgarian performance at a Biatlon World Championship since 1985, and among Anev's personal best.
The 25-year-old finished in 24:13.4 mins, without any error in shooting.
Norwegian Emil Hegle Svendsen grabbed the gold with 23:25.1 mins and one error in shooting.
French Martin Fourcade finished second, while Slovene Jakov Fak grabbed the bronze medal.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Poland’s Janowicz in Cincinnati Open
- » Maria Sharapova Tops World's Highest-Paid Female Athletes List Again
- » Tsonga Defeats Bulgaria's Dimitrov at Toronto Masters Semifinals
- » Bulgaria Wins Silver at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Victorious Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Toronto Masters Semifinals
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Face Kevin Anderson in ATP Masters Tonight