Bulgaria's Anev Grabs 11th Place at Biathlon World Championship
Bulgarian athlete Krasimir Anev made a strong race and finished 11th at the 10-km sprint in the Biathlon World Championships in Nove Mesto, the Czech Republic.
This is the best Bulgarian performance at a Biatlon World Championship since 1985, and among Anev's personal best.
The 25-year-old finished in 24:13.4 mins, without any error in shooting.
Norwegian Emil Hegle Svendsen grabbed the gold with 23:25.1 mins and one error in shooting.
French Martin Fourcade finished second, while Slovene Jakov Fak grabbed the bronze medal.
- » Stefka Kostadinova Re-Elected As BOC Chairwoman
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama With 3rd Consecutive Victory in Osaka
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Squanders 4 Match Balls at Indian Wells
- » Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev Achieves Historical gold
- » Levski-CSKA Football Game Affects Sofia Traffic
- » Bulgarian Boxers Scoop 4 Gold Titles at Strandzha Tournament