FinMin: Bulgarian Teachers to Get Higher Salaries by End Feb
The raise of the salaries of teachers at Bulgarian public schools will take place by the end of February, announced Bulgarian Minister of Finance Simeon Djankov Saturday.
The raise has been effective with the new state budget starting January 1, but has not been implemented yet.
Accordingly, when the increase is implemented, it will be calculated with that backdate in mind, said the Minister.
"The move will result in an increase averaging 11.5-12%," said Djankov.
He added that the Ministry of Education has still some administrative steps to take before the increase is implemented.
- » Bulgarian Students Win 3 Medals at Int'l Informatics Olympiad
- » Bulgarian Govt to Raise Teachers’ Minimum Salaries
- » Bulgarian Teachers Join EU Petition for Education Funding
- » Bulgarian, Swiss Researchers Cooperate on 13Projects Worth over CHF 4M
- » Personal Numbers of Bulgarian Students to Help Reduce Dropout Rate
- » Bulgaria's GERB Party Asks Education Minister to Resign