FinMin: Bulgarian Teachers to Get Higher Salaries by End Feb
The raise of the salaries of teachers at Bulgarian public schools will take place by the end of February, announced Bulgarian Minister of Finance Simeon Djankov Saturday.
The raise has been effective with the new state budget starting January 1, but has not been implemented yet.
Accordingly, when the increase is implemented, it will be calculated with that backdate in mind, said the Minister.
"The move will result in an increase averaging 11.5-12%," said Djankov.
He added that the Ministry of Education has still some administrative steps to take before the increase is implemented.
- » Bulgaria Extends School Holiday until Tuesday over Snow, Flu
- » Schools to Remain Closed by January 09
- » Bulgaria's Education Ministry, It Sector Sign Cooperation Deal
- » Bulgarian Students' Disturbing PISA Results Show Need for New Teaching Methods
- » Sofia University Ranks 1st in Bulgaria’s Higher-Education Rating
- » R&D Spending in Bulgaria Up in 2015, Mostly Driven by Businesses