FinMin: Bulgarian Teachers to Get Higher Salaries by End Feb
The raise of the salaries of teachers at Bulgarian public schools will take place by the end of February, announced Bulgarian Minister of Finance Simeon Djankov Saturday.
The raise has been effective with the new state budget starting January 1, but has not been implemented yet.
Accordingly, when the increase is implemented, it will be calculated with that backdate in mind, said the Minister.
"The move will result in an increase averaging 11.5-12%," said Djankov.
He added that the Ministry of Education has still some administrative steps to take before the increase is implemented.
- » American English Academy Ends School Year with Grand Ceremony
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education
- » 10 % Rise of Teachers' Salaries Has Not Been Discused with Bulgarian PM
- » Bulgarian Education Minister Foresees 10 % Increase in Teachers' Salaries in 2017
- » 12 000 Bulgarian Teachers to Gather at National Council in Sofia
- » Cabinet Allocates BGN 300 000 to Global Libraries – Bulgaria Project