FinMin: Bulgarian Teachers to Get Higher Salaries by End Feb
The raise of the salaries of teachers at Bulgarian public schools will take place by the end of February, announced Bulgarian Minister of Finance Simeon Djankov Saturday.
The raise has been effective with the new state budget starting January 1, but has not been implemented yet.
Accordingly, when the increase is implemented, it will be calculated with that backdate in mind, said the Minister.
"The move will result in an increase averaging 11.5-12%," said Djankov.
He added that the Ministry of Education has still some administrative steps to take before the increase is implemented.
- » Bulgaria's Education Minister Submits Resignation
- » Bulgarian Deputy Education Minister to Step Down
- » Over 100 UK Students to Study Medicine in Bulgaria's Pleven
- » Hundreds Protest in Bulgaria over Proposed Drafts of School Education
- » Bad Weather Cancels Classes in 544 Bulgarian Schools on Monday
- » Eurydice Study Shows Bulgarian Teachers Get Lowest Wages Across Europe