FinMin: Bulgarian Teachers to Get Higher Salaries by End Feb
The raise of the salaries of teachers at Bulgarian public schools will take place by the end of February, announced Bulgarian Minister of Finance Simeon Djankov Saturday.
The raise has been effective with the new state budget starting January 1, but has not been implemented yet.
Accordingly, when the increase is implemented, it will be calculated with that backdate in mind, said the Minister.
"The move will result in an increase averaging 11.5-12%," said Djankov.
He added that the Ministry of Education has still some administrative steps to take before the increase is implemented.
- » Bulgarian Students Win Four Medals at International Astronomy Olympiad
- » American English Academy in Sofia Opens Doors to Visiting Students
- » Bulgaria Submits First Nomination for Global Teacher Prize
- » Children's Museum Opens Doors in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » American-English Academy Kicks Off School Year with Fireworks
- » 2015-16 School Year Starts in Bulgaria