Facility Damage Cuts Power to Parts of Bulgarian Capital
A fire in a power transmission facility in the Knyazhevo district of Bulgarian capital Sofia has left significant parts of south-west disctricts Knyazhevo, Ovcha Kupel and Gorna Banya without electricity.
The facility is owned by Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK) and is operated by the CEZ utility.
Workers have been dispatched to perform emergency repairs and power is expected to be back by 2 pm, say CEZ.
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » 'Socialist Beer' Adds Appeal to Traditional Buzludzha Fest
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN