Facility Damage Cuts Power to Parts of Bulgarian Capital
A fire in a power transmission facility in the Knyazhevo district of Bulgarian capital Sofia has left significant parts of south-west disctricts Knyazhevo, Ovcha Kupel and Gorna Banya without electricity.
The facility is owned by Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK) and is operated by the CEZ utility.
Workers have been dispatched to perform emergency repairs and power is expected to be back by 2 pm, say CEZ.
- » Bulgarian Drivers Advised to Put Winter Tires
- » Orthodox Bulgarians Mark Good Friday
- » Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
- » Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
- » Bulgaria To Spend Another BGN 35 M On Refugees
- » 56% of Bulgarians Say Religion Has a Positive Role in Society