Facility Damage Cuts Power to Parts of Bulgarian Capital
A fire in a power transmission facility in the Knyazhevo district of Bulgarian capital Sofia has left significant parts of south-west disctricts Knyazhevo, Ovcha Kupel and Gorna Banya without electricity.
The facility is owned by Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK) and is operated by the CEZ utility.
Workers have been dispatched to perform emergency repairs and power is expected to be back by 2 pm, say CEZ.
- » Expected December Temperatures Around Norm, Snow Likely For Christmas
- » Bulgaria Lacks Official Data On Correlation Air Pollution - Health
- » Forest Guard Discover Dead Immigrant Near Bulgarian-Turkish Border
- » Police Arrests 35 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Has Too Many Universities - Education Minister
- » Bulgaria to Build Accommodation Centres for Elderly