Facility Damage Cuts Power to Parts of Bulgarian Capital
A fire in a power transmission facility in the Knyazhevo district of Bulgarian capital Sofia has left significant parts of south-west disctricts Knyazhevo, Ovcha Kupel and Gorna Banya without electricity.
The facility is owned by Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK) and is operated by the CEZ utility.
Workers have been dispatched to perform emergency repairs and power is expected to be back by 2 pm, say CEZ.
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea
- » Bulgaria's Education System Faces Severe Cadre Crisis Due To Retirement of Teachers
- » Bulgarian Union of Banat Leader Nikolai Mirkovic Passes Away