Facility Damage Cuts Power to Parts of Bulgarian Capital
A fire in a power transmission facility in the Knyazhevo district of Bulgarian capital Sofia has left significant parts of south-west disctricts Knyazhevo, Ovcha Kupel and Gorna Banya without electricity.
The facility is owned by Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK) and is operated by the CEZ utility.
Workers have been dispatched to perform emergency repairs and power is expected to be back by 2 pm, say CEZ.
- » First Festival of Italian Cinema to Begin in Sofia on Tuesday
- » Confidence in Bulgarian President Reaches Its Lowest Since Start of Term – Poll
- » Bulgaria's President Pays Tribute to Victims of Communist Rule
- » Worker Dies in Blast in Bulgaria's Arsenal
- » Bulgarian Is Spoken by 15 Million People Worldwide
- » EU Commission Office in Sofia Evacuated over Fire