Bulgaria Reaches Fed Cup Semifinals
Bulgaria's team has reached the semifinals of the Europe / Africa group of the Fed Cup, the world's premier women's tennis team tournament.
The Bulgarians beat 3:0 the team of Slovenia and will face Sunday the UK, who beat Hungary.
At the group stage, the Bulgarian team has performed without a single loss and for the first time since 2005 moves to the playoff stage.
At the event in Eilat, Isreal, Bulgaria is represented by Tsvetana Pironkova, Dia Evtimova, Elitsa Kostova, and Isabella Shinikova.
If the Bulgarians win against the UK Sunday, they will move to the next stage, the playoffs for World Group II in April.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Poland’s Janowicz in Cincinnati Open
- » Maria Sharapova Tops World's Highest-Paid Female Athletes List Again
- » Tsonga Defeats Bulgaria's Dimitrov at Toronto Masters Semifinals
- » Bulgaria Wins Silver at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Victorious Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Toronto Masters Semifinals
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Face Kevin Anderson in ATP Masters Tonight