Bulgaria Reaches Fed Cup Semifinals
Bulgaria's team has reached the semifinals of the Europe / Africa group of the Fed Cup, the world's premier women's tennis team tournament.
The Bulgarians beat 3:0 the team of Slovenia and will face Sunday the UK, who beat Hungary.
At the group stage, the Bulgarian team has performed without a single loss and for the first time since 2005 moves to the playoff stage.
At the event in Eilat, Isreal, Bulgaria is represented by Tsvetana Pironkova, Dia Evtimova, Elitsa Kostova, and Isabella Shinikova.
If the Bulgarians win against the UK Sunday, they will move to the next stage, the playoffs for World Group II in April.
- » Bulgaria's Top Tennis Players Retain WTA, ATP Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov 'Could Replace Coach'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgarian Elected as Vice President of European Athletics
- » Bulgaria Climbs Four Positions in FIFA World Ranking