Bulgaria to Receive EUR 15 B in EU Funding 2014-2020
Bulgaria is one of the only four EU member states that will receive a bigger net sum from the EU budget in the 2014-2020 period compared to the current programming period.
The Balkan country will receive a total of EUR 15 B in that period, it was made clear on Friday. Some EUR 7 B will be allocated to the country under the Cohesion Fund.
The Cohesion Fund provides assistance for projects in the spheres of trans-European networks, transport infrastructure, and environmental protection.
Bulgaria will also receive an increase of over BGN 1.5 B in agriculture funding.
The country's net gains in the 2014-2020 period will be EUR 12 B.
On Friday, European Union leaders finally agreed a budget deal for the rest of the decade after a marathon 25-and-a-half hour negotiation session in Brussels.
The deal will lead to the first cut in EU spending in its 56-year history. The bloc's leaders agreed a EUR 34.4 Bcut over the next seven years.
The deal has to be approved by the European Parliament.
- » The First Informal Meeting of EU Energy Ministers is Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria and 15 other EU Countries will Work For a European Supercomputer
- » Bulgaria will Participate with 14 Projects at the European Space Agency
- » Bulgaria's Presidency of the EU Council is Halfway through but the Cultural Program has not Begun
- » 24 EU Countries Sign Artificial Intelligence Pact in Bid to Compete with US & China
- » EU Environment Ministers Discussed Climate Change Actions in Sofia
Ivanko - Dirk - is a bit Rakya confused.