Construction Works to Obstruct Bulgaria-Greece Traffic in Summer
Bulgaria's Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA) has warned that the construction of Lot 4 of the Struma Highway is expected to cause traffic obstructions in the summer.
RIA, as cited by Bulgaria On Air TV, cautions about potential congestion as a result of construction works between the southern villages of Strumyani and Kulata.
Starting Thursday, traffic between Petrich and Kulata is redirected through the villages of Marino Pole and Chuchulogvo.
The temporary traffic reorganization will most likely stay in place until mid-September.
Starting next week, a section of the E79 road from Strumyani in the direction of Sandanski, Petrich, and Kulata will be closed until the befinning of April.
Traffic will be redirected through the villages of Mikrevo, Drakata, Valkovo, Struma, Lebnitsa, and Ribnik.
The sod turning ceremony for the 15-km Lot 4 of the Struma Highway took place on April 5, 2012 and the section is to be completed by March 2014.
The contract for the construction of Lot 4 of the Struma Highway with Greek company Aktor is worth BGN 56 M.
The implementation of the project is overseen by Patinvestengineering AD.
- » Arrivals of Foreign Visitors to Bulgaria Up in April
- » Royal Clipper Arrives in Bulgaria’s Varna Port
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Decrease 4.8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » Wiz Air Adds Three New Destinations from Sofia in December
- » Bulgaria Registered 15 % Increase in Number of Foreign Visitors During Easter Holiday
- » Early Bookings Show More Tourists Planning Holiday in Bulgaria This Summer