Construction Works to Obstruct Bulgaria-Greece Traffic in Summer
Bulgaria's Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA) has warned that the construction of Lot 4 of the Struma Highway is expected to cause traffic obstructions in the summer.
RIA, as cited by Bulgaria On Air TV, cautions about potential congestion as a result of construction works between the southern villages of Strumyani and Kulata.
Starting Thursday, traffic between Petrich and Kulata is redirected through the villages of Marino Pole and Chuchulogvo.
The temporary traffic reorganization will most likely stay in place until mid-September.
Starting next week, a section of the E79 road from Strumyani in the direction of Sandanski, Petrich, and Kulata will be closed until the befinning of April.
Traffic will be redirected through the villages of Mikrevo, Drakata, Valkovo, Struma, Lebnitsa, and Ribnik.
The sod turning ceremony for the 15-km Lot 4 of the Struma Highway took place on April 5, 2012 and the section is to be completed by March 2014.
The contract for the construction of Lot 4 of the Struma Highway with Greek company Aktor is worth BGN 56 M.
The implementation of the project is overseen by Patinvestengineering AD.
- » London and Rome Lure Bulgarian Tourists for Easter
- » Bulgaria To Launch Tourism Campaign in Germany
- » 6000 Austrian Pensioners To Go On Vacation In Bulgaria's Sunny Beach
- » Bulgaria's Burgas Seaport To Become Hub for Cruise Ships
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Direct Flight Varna-Istanbul in May
- » Bulgaria's Prosecution Confirms Doubts for Violations in Bansko