Blast Kills 54 Military Factory Workers in Syria - Report
More than 50 workers at a military factory in central Syria were killed in a bombing earlier this week, according to the London-based oppositional Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
"54 civilians have been killed so far as a result of the explosion targeting a civilian bus filled with workers coming out of their shift 2 days ago at the defence plant, in the village of Beraq, south Reef Hama," the opposition watchdog said on Friday.
The Observatory said 11 of the victims from the bombing in Buraq were women. The workers were from cities of Homs, Hama and the town of Salamiyah.
The organization has stated that the death toll is likely to rise.
- » CoE: Grey Economy Results in Losses of EUR 40 B per year in Romania
- » Slovenia Re-Launches Privatization of 15 State-Owned Companies
- » Russia Forced to Pay USD 50 B to Former Yukos Owners
- » Romania, US to Launch Observation Flights over Russia, Belarus
- » Greek Civil Servants to Stage Strike in Athens
- » Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza