Blast Kills 54 Military Factory Workers in Syria - Report
More than 50 workers at a military factory in central Syria were killed in a bombing earlier this week, according to the London-based oppositional Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
"54 civilians have been killed so far as a result of the explosion targeting a civilian bus filled with workers coming out of their shift 2 days ago at the defence plant, in the village of Beraq, south Reef Hama," the opposition watchdog said on Friday.
The Observatory said 11 of the victims from the bombing in Buraq were women. The workers were from cities of Homs, Hama and the town of Salamiyah.
The organization has stated that the death toll is likely to rise.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years