Blast Kills 54 Military Factory Workers in Syria - Report
More than 50 workers at a military factory in central Syria were killed in a bombing earlier this week, according to the London-based oppositional Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
"54 civilians have been killed so far as a result of the explosion targeting a civilian bus filled with workers coming out of their shift 2 days ago at the defence plant, in the village of Beraq, south Reef Hama," the opposition watchdog said on Friday.
The Observatory said 11 of the victims from the bombing in Buraq were women. The workers were from cities of Homs, Hama and the town of Salamiyah.
The organization has stated that the death toll is likely to rise.
- » Putin Warns Russians Internet Is 'CIA Project'
- » Kosovo Extends EULEX Mission, Creates War Crimes Court
- » Serbian Parliament 'Complete', Govt to Be Announced Saturday
- » Deaths Reported in Ukraine's Slaviansk Operation
- » No Breakthrough in US-Japan Trade Deal
- » Afghan Hospital Guard Kills 3 American Medics