Blast Kills 54 Military Factory Workers in Syria - Report
More than 50 workers at a military factory in central Syria were killed in a bombing earlier this week, according to the London-based oppositional Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
"54 civilians have been killed so far as a result of the explosion targeting a civilian bus filled with workers coming out of their shift 2 days ago at the defence plant, in the village of Beraq, south Reef Hama," the opposition watchdog said on Friday.
The Observatory said 11 of the victims from the bombing in Buraq were women. The workers were from cities of Homs, Hama and the town of Salamiyah.
The organization has stated that the death toll is likely to rise.
- » UK Retains Commitment to Devolution after Scotland's 'No'
- » Serbia Cuts Pensions, Public Sector Salaries
- » Albania's Parliament Dismisses Central Bank Governor
- » China, India Sign Landmark USD 20 B Deals
- » Russia's Putin 'Threatens to Send Army' to Riga, Warsaw, Bucharest
- » Scotland 'to Remain in UK' - Last Poll