Blast Kills 54 Military Factory Workers in Syria - Report
More than 50 workers at a military factory in central Syria were killed in a bombing earlier this week, according to the London-based oppositional Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
"54 civilians have been killed so far as a result of the explosion targeting a civilian bus filled with workers coming out of their shift 2 days ago at the defence plant, in the village of Beraq, south Reef Hama," the opposition watchdog said on Friday.
The Observatory said 11 of the victims from the bombing in Buraq were women. The workers were from cities of Homs, Hama and the town of Salamiyah.
The organization has stated that the death toll is likely to rise.
- » Electric Cars with a Record Increase in Sales due to China
- » Zimbabwe's Mugabe Granted Immunity as Part of Resignation Deal
- » Europe Strengthens Security Measures Around the Christmas Bazaars
- » Now it is "Critical Phase" for the Lost Argentine Submarine
- » Spain Sends Migrant Arrivals to Unfinished Prison
- » Iraqi Forces Launch Operation to Clear Desert Bordering Syria of IS