New Strong Quake Jolts Solomon Islands
A 7.1-magnitude earthquake shook the Solomon Islands on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
There were no immediate reports of a tsunami, according to CNN.
The quake comes two days after an 8.0-magnitude earthquake struck the same region, triggering a tsunami that killed five people .
The strong aftershocks are said to be hampering relief efforts to tsunami-ravaged villages in the South Pacific country.
- » The Suspects in the Attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils Were Planning One or More Bigger Attacks
- » Turkey's Erdogan Calls German Leaders 'Enemies'
- » Death Toll in Barcelona Rises
- » Paris Police Evacuate Migrant Camp
- » ISIS Supporters Celebrate Barcelona Terrorist Attack: ’Kill the Spanish Pigs’
- » U.S., Japan Agree to Boost Defenses Against North Korea