New Strong Quake Jolts Solomon Islands
A 7.1-magnitude earthquake shook the Solomon Islands on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
There were no immediate reports of a tsunami, according to CNN.
The quake comes two days after an 8.0-magnitude earthquake struck the same region, triggering a tsunami that killed five people .
The strong aftershocks are said to be hampering relief efforts to tsunami-ravaged villages in the South Pacific country.
- » Dutch Call for Deportation of Putin's Daughter From the Netherlands
- » Missing Air Algerie Passenger Plane with 116 on Board Crashes in Niger
- » Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
- » Taiwan Plane Crash Leaves over 40 Dead
- » Donbass Rebels 'Down Two Ukrainian Su-25 Fighters'
- » Germany Questions Appropriateness of Russia's Hosting FIFA World Cup