New Strong Quake Jolts Solomon Islands
A 7.1-magnitude earthquake shook the Solomon Islands on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
There were no immediate reports of a tsunami, according to CNN.
The quake comes two days after an 8.0-magnitude earthquake struck the same region, triggering a tsunami that killed five people .
The strong aftershocks are said to be hampering relief efforts to tsunami-ravaged villages in the South Pacific country.
- » One Person in Custody, Several Injured, in New York Explosion (UPDATED)
- » Russia will Build the First Nuclear Power Plant in Egypt
- » Police Respond to Possible Еxplosion Near Port Authority Bus Station, NY
- » Russian Troops Withdraw from Syria
- » Kosovo Expexts to Have Final Peace Treaty with Serbia by the End of 2018
- » Nearly 6,000 Jihadists from the Islamic State may Return to Africa