New Strong Quake Jolts Solomon Islands
A 7.1-magnitude earthquake shook the Solomon Islands on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
There were no immediate reports of a tsunami, according to CNN.
The quake comes two days after an 8.0-magnitude earthquake struck the same region, triggering a tsunami that killed five people .
The strong aftershocks are said to be hampering relief efforts to tsunami-ravaged villages in the South Pacific country.
- » Turkey's Parliament Approves Constitutional Reform
- » Reuters: Turkey Moving Ever Closer To Becoming Authoritarian State
- » Belgium: Not All Returns of Migrants to Bulgaria Are Cancelled
- » Germany Legalises Marijuana
- » Russia Warns of 'Maidan' over Bulgarian President's Inauguration, MPs Pick Up
- » Reina Attacker 'Targeted Taksim Square' on New Year