Hezbollah, Lebanon Getting Ready for Israeli Attack - Report
The Lebanese army and Hezbollah are reportedly upping their preparedness in the southern part of Lebanon in response to flyovers by the Israeli Air Force last week.
The pan-Arab London-based daily al-Quds al-Arabi reported Friday that Lebanese officials fear that an Israeli strike, similar to Israel's alleged strike on Syrian targets last month, is imminent in light of multiple "mock raids."
According to the report, there is also suspicion among Hezbollah's ranks that Israel intends to kidnap one of the organization's senior members, The Times of Israel says.
Al-Quds al-Arabi has also noted that the suspicion is based on increased Israeli threats, and the blaming of a July bombing in Bulgaria on the Shiite organization.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
- » US 'Gives Ukraine Weapons via Bulgaria'
- » Baltic Region Countries Report 'Unprecedented' Russian Military Activities In Area
- » NATO 'Mulls Monitoring Mechanism for Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria's New Fighter Jets Should Be Included in 2016 Budget - ex-Chief of Defense
- » Bulgaria's Answer To US Tanks Is 'No' – Chief Of Defence
- » Bulgaria Has Not Received Request for Deployment of NATO Tanks