Iran Played No Part in Bulgaria Bomb Attack - Ambassador
Iran has vehemently denied allegations that it participated in the bombing of a bus last year in Bulgaria that killed Israeli tourists.
"This (the attack) has nothing to do with Iran," Ambassador Gholamreza Bageri told journalists. "We are against any form of terrorism and strongly condemn such actions."
The statement follows Tuesday's Bulgarian report stating that Iranian-backed Hezbollah may have been involved in last year's Burgas bus bombing
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
Tsvetanov revealed that a man with an Australian passport and a man with a Canadian passport were two of the three conspirators involved in the attack, which claimed the lives of five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told the families of the Israeli victims that the perpetrators of last year's terror attack in the Bulgarian city of Burgas "will pay the price for their deeds."
- » Erdogan and Merkel Discussed Syria in a Telephone Conversation
- » Presidents of Three Countries Will Meet in May
- » President Radev in Moscow in May, then Putin Comes to Bulgaria
- » PM Boyko Borisov Welcomed Denis Zvizdic in Sofia
- » Greece, Macedonia See Progress at Name Change Talks
- » Prime Minister Borisov will Тalk with EU Commissioner Christos Stylianides
The article says: "This (the attack) has nothing to do with Iran," Ambassador Gholamreza Bageri told journalists. "We are against any form of terrorism and strongly condemn such actions.".
I believe in this statement.
Iran is home to one of the world's oldest civilizations. Like Bulgaria.
On this background, I'll kindly ask the Iranian authorities so assist in hunting down the culprits.