Sofia's Last Ambulance Makes Its Way to Berlinale 2013
The Bulgarian actors and director of the critically acclaimed documentary "Sofia's Last Ambulance" are due to become part of a cineaste's dream - Berlin International Film Festival.
The documentary will feature on LOLA@Berlinale, which showcases preselected films for the German Film Award (Deutscher Filmpreis) and is a cooperation between Berlinale, Deutsche Filmakademie e. V. and German Films.
"Sofia's Last Ambulance" follows a three-member paramedic crew in one of Bulgaria's dwindling fleet of emergency ambulances. The camera's focus is on the intimate emotions and reactions of a doctor, nurse, and driver—not their patients—as they respond to situations both the serious and absurd.
The film premiered at Cannes Film Festival 2012 (Critics' Week), where it won the "Visionary Award". It was the second documentary ever to compete in the section's 51 year history.
The Berlin International Film Festival is one of the most important cinema showcases in the world. The 63rd Berlinale kicked off on February 7.
- » Bulgarian PM, Azerbaijan's First Lady Unveil Renovated Historical Site
- » Free-of-Charge Entry to Sofia Municipal Museums on September 22
- » Exhibition of Pulitzer-Winning Bulgarian Photographer Opens in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan's First Lady to Unveil Open-Air Museum in Veliko Tarnovo on Thursday
- » Sofia to Host Brick Roads Music Festival Again in October
- » Varna Hosting Annual Animated Film Fest