Bulgaria's Capital Sofia Wakes Up to Fresh Snow
Bulgaria's capital Sofia woke up Friday morning to freezing cold accompanied by a fresh snow cover, but without record low temperatures.
Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova assured that the roads in the capital are passable under winter weather conditions, however, drivers must exercise caution because there are icy spots and snow drifts.
Snow is falling in almost all regions across the country. In mountain passes there is a ban on tractor trailers and all vehicles must have tire chains.
Five districts in Central, Southern and Northern Bulgaria have declared a code yellow over potential heavy snowfall, Bulgaria's National Hydrology and Meteorology Institute announced.
The mercury ranges between 3 degrees Celsius to 8 degrees Celsius across the country with cloudy skies and strong winds in the Black Sea coast regions.
- » 18 Bulgarian Cities Have 'Extremely Polluted' Air
- » Bulgaria Ranks Poorly In Climate Change Performance Index
- » Extreme Weather Warnings Issued For Tuesday
- » Situation in Bulgaria's Flooded Regions Remains Adverse
- » Minor 2.5-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Sofia
- » Emergency Remains in Part of SE Bulgaria, Villages in North Covered in Ice