Bulgaria's Capital Sofia Wakes Up to Fresh Snow
Bulgaria's capital Sofia woke up Friday morning to freezing cold accompanied by a fresh snow cover, but without record low temperatures.
Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova assured that the roads in the capital are passable under winter weather conditions, however, drivers must exercise caution because there are icy spots and snow drifts.
Snow is falling in almost all regions across the country. In mountain passes there is a ban on tractor trailers and all vehicles must have tire chains.
Five districts in Central, Southern and Northern Bulgaria have declared a code yellow over potential heavy snowfall, Bulgaria's National Hydrology and Meteorology Institute announced.
The mercury ranges between 3 degrees Celsius to 8 degrees Celsius across the country with cloudy skies and strong winds in the Black Sea coast regions.
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Spring-Like Temperatures Expected in Bulgaria This Month
- » EU Project Aims to Return Black Vulture to Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Warning for Most of Bulgaria as Temperatures Rising
- » Coldest Night of Winter Hits Bulgaria, Warming Ahead
- » Warnings Issued for All Bulgarian Regions as Cold Spell Continues