Bulgaria's Capital Sofia Wakes Up to Fresh Snow
Bulgaria's capital Sofia woke up Friday morning to freezing cold accompanied by a fresh snow cover, but without record low temperatures.
Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova assured that the roads in the capital are passable under winter weather conditions, however, drivers must exercise caution because there are icy spots and snow drifts.
Snow is falling in almost all regions across the country. In mountain passes there is a ban on tractor trailers and all vehicles must have tire chains.
Five districts in Central, Southern and Northern Bulgaria have declared a code yellow over potential heavy snowfall, Bulgaria's National Hydrology and Meteorology Institute announced.
The mercury ranges between 3 degrees Celsius to 8 degrees Celsius across the country with cloudy skies and strong winds in the Black Sea coast regions.
- » 3.9 on Richter is Registered in Vrancea
- » "Siberian" Cold Gripped Eastern Turkey
- » Free Public Transport and More Expensive ''Blue Zone'' - Among the Measures to Reduce Air Pollution in Sofia
- » A Strong Earthquake Shook Iran
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures of 10-15°C
- » Hundreds of Thousands of Households in Western Europe were Left Without Electricity due to Snowstorms