Bulgaria's Capital Sofia Wakes Up to Fresh Snow
Bulgaria's capital Sofia woke up Friday morning to freezing cold accompanied by a fresh snow cover, but without record low temperatures.
Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova assured that the roads in the capital are passable under winter weather conditions, however, drivers must exercise caution because there are icy spots and snow drifts.
Snow is falling in almost all regions across the country. In mountain passes there is a ban on tractor trailers and all vehicles must have tire chains.
Five districts in Central, Southern and Northern Bulgaria have declared a code yellow over potential heavy snowfall, Bulgaria's National Hydrology and Meteorology Institute announced.
The mercury ranges between 3 degrees Celsius to 8 degrees Celsius across the country with cloudy skies and strong winds in the Black Sea coast regions.
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » London Heathrow Cancels 10% of Flights over Hurricane Gonzalo
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos
- » Farmer Market Fest Showcases Organic Food
- » 3.2-Magnitude Earthquake Registered 80km Away from Smolyan