Burgas Bomber's Car Spotted by CCTV in Varna - Report
The terrorist who killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver in the Black Sea city of Burgas last year was in the city of Varna several days prior to the attack, according to a report.
A car driven by the bomber, known under the alias Jacque Felipe Martin, was spotted by a CCTV camera in Varna several days before his death, investigators have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
Jacque Felipe Martin's real identity remains unknown. He was initially believed that he was a suicide bomber. However, analysis of the bomb scene evidence by the Europol expert, including shrapnel from the improvised explosive device (IED), proved that the bomb was remotely detonated.
Bulgarian authorities have already established the identities of Martin's accomplices.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
- » Bulgaria Charges Two People with Making False Identity Documents
- » Sofia Confirms Arrest of 3 Bulgarians in Hungary over Migrant Truck Deaths
- » Three Bulgarians Detained over Death of 71 Migrants in Truck in Austria
- » Bulgarian-Hungarian Smuggling Ring Allegedly Involved in Refugee Truck Death in Austria
- » Police in Plovdiv Bust Printing House for Fake Documents
- » 2 Bulgarian Tourists To Be Tried in Greece for Picking Up Refugee Hitchhikers