Burgas Bomber's Car Spotted by CCTV in Varna - Report
The terrorist who killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver in the Black Sea city of Burgas last year was in the city of Varna several days prior to the attack, according to a report.
A car driven by the bomber, known under the alias Jacque Felipe Martin, was spotted by a CCTV camera in Varna several days before his death, investigators have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
Jacque Felipe Martin's real identity remains unknown. He was initially believed that he was a suicide bomber. However, analysis of the bomb scene evidence by the Europol expert, including shrapnel from the improvised explosive device (IED), proved that the bomb was remotely detonated.
Bulgarian authorities have already established the identities of Martin's accomplices.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
- » Bulgaria’s Transport Minister Orders Inquiry into Suspected Diesel Theft at State Railways
- » Bulgarian Authorities 'Arrested Varna-Based Criminal Gang'
- » Bulgarian, Pakistan Citizens Arrested for Helping Foreign Nationals Stay in Bulgaria Illegally
- » Bulgarian Court Rules to Extradite Paris Terror Suspect to France
- » Russian Mobster with Fake Bulgarian Passport Arrested in Vienna
- » 15 Bulgarian Border Policemen Suspected of Human Trafficking