PES Leader Slams EPP's Daul over Hezbollah Remark
Sergey Stanishev, leader of the Part of European Socialists, has reacted strongly to EPP group leader Joseph Daul's statement that he sided with Hezbollah in in the aftermath of the Bulgarian Burgas bombing probe.
"It was with great dismay I found out today that the leader of the PES, Mr Stanishev, has taken the side of Hezbollah in the debate following the disclosures of yesterday," Daul said on Wednesday. He spoke in connection with Stanishev criticizing the Bulgarian government's implication of Hezbollah in the Burgas bus bombing as "poorly founded and imperiling national security."
"For Mr. Daul to twist this into the statement that he did is a despicable act, for which I demand he apologise, fully and immediately," Stanishev declared in a statement on Thursday.
"If Mr.Daul had bothered to check the facts, he would have seen that even members of his own EPP group were hesitant in supporting Borrisov's government on this issue. It is ironic that on the very day that the European Parliament debates the rule of law and media freedom in Bulgaria, Mr. Daul has committed exactly the same faults that so concerns the European Parliament," he added.
- » New Study of Food in Bulgaria and in Western Europe: Double Standards of Quality and Price
- » Bulgarian Dance "Horo" in the Center of Brussels
- » 1st Plenary Session of the Informal Meeting of EU Health Ministers in Sofia is Under Way
- » The EC is Considering Setting Up a New Energy Agency
- » The First Informal Meeting of EU Energy Ministers is Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria and 15 other EU Countries will Work For a European Supercomputer