Bulgaria Says It Came to Hezbollah Assumption in Mid-January
It was in January 2013 when Bulgarian authorities came to their "well-founded assumption" that Hezbollah may have been involved in last year's terror attack in Burgas last year, according to Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
Tsvetanov told reports on Thursday that Bulgarian authorities received information pointing to Hezbollah in mid-January.
The Interior Minister refuted claims made by the opposition that the report on the July 18 bus bombing "came too late."
Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
The Bulgarian findings are said to be raising the pressure on the EU to designate Hezbollah as a terrorist group, something that many of its members have been reluctant to do despite calls from the United States and Israel.
- » Russian Hacker Arrested in Spain
- » Shooting at Bus in Sofia Breaks Windows, Nobody Hurt
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Spy Chief Faces New Embezzlement Charges
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Formally Indicted over Abuse of Office
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Removing Plovdiv Mayor
- » Five Bulgarian Customs Officers to Remain in Custody