Bulgaria PM Heads for EU Council Meeting in Brussels
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov is heading for Brussels to take part in a European Council meeting scheduled for February 7-8.
The agenda of the meeting includes discussions on the EU's multiannual financial framework (MFF) for the 2014-2020 period, trade and external relations of the EU.
Achieving agreement on the parameters of the new EU budget has been listed as a priority due to the domestic political agenda in a number of Member States and the forthcoming European Parliament elections.
During the European Council meeting, Bulgaria will seek to assert its national interests, including achieving a maximum increase in national allocations under the 2014-2020 framework and securing the maximum possible amount of funding under the common agricultural policy (CAP).
During his stay in Brussels, Borisov will be accompanied by EU Funds Minister Tomislav Donchev and Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov.
- » The Chief Negotiator on Behalf of the EU for Brexit Comes to Bulgaria
- » Strengthen the System of Protection of Migrants and Refugees in Bulgaria
- » The Bulgarian Euro-Presidency Disappoints the Young People from the EU
- » New Study of Food in Bulgaria and in Western Europe: Double Standards of Quality and Price
- » Bulgarian Dance "Horo" in the Center of Brussels
- » 1st Plenary Session of the Informal Meeting of EU Health Ministers in Sofia is Under Way