Netanyahu: Burgas Bombers Will Pay Price for Their Deeds
The perpetrators of last year's terror attack in the Bulgarian city of Burgas "will pay the price for their deeds," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has told the families of the Israeli victims.
Netanyahu's office said Wednesday in a statement that the head of Israel's counterterrorism bureau told the victims' families in his name that "Israel will do everything so that those responsible for the crime will pay the price." The office did not elaborate.
The statement follows Tuesday's Bulgarian report stating that Lebanese organization Hezbollah may have been involved in last year's Burgas bus bombing
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
Tsvetanov revealed that a man with an Australian passport and a man with a Canadian passport were two of the three conspirators involved in the attack, which claimed the lives of five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
- » David Clark: Bulgaria in Danger of Blowing Its Big Moment
- » President: Signing of EU-Mercosur Agreement to Have Great Benefits for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Nomination for UN Secretary-General to be Announced by End of March
- » Bulgarian PM Meets UN Secretary-General, US State Secretary in London
- » President Plevneliev Meets Bulgarian Community on Argentina Visit
- » Bulgaria to Provide EUR 150 000 in Refugee Aid