Hezbollah Refuses to Comment on Burgas Bombing Allegations
Lebanese organization Hezbollah has refused to comment on Tuesday's Bulgarian report that stated it may have been involved in last year's Burgas bus bombing.
Lebanon's An-Nahar newspaper has quoted a Hezbollah source as saying that the Shiite group "will not respond" to the Bulgarian authorities finding linking Hezbollah to the terror attack.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
According to Tsvetanov, it could be assumed that two of the suspects were members of the militant wing of Hezbollah and that there was data showing the financing and connection between Hezbollah and the two suspects.
The Bulgarian findings are said to be raising the pressure on the EU to designate Hezbollah as a terrorist group, something that many of its members have been reluctant to do despite calls from the United States and Israel.
- » Roderick Moore to Serve as Interim US Chargе d’Affaires in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Future Ambassador to Turkey to Place Emphasis on Border Security
- » Bulgaria Expresses Solidarity with Turkey – FM
- » EU Solidarity Key to Tackling Common Challenges, Mogherini Says on Bulgaria Visit
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Ministry to Teach US Visa Applicants How to Avoid Formal Errors
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov to Pay One-Day Working Visit to Bavaria