Australian Man Wanted over Burgas Terror Attack
Australian Foreign Minister Bob Carr confirmed federal police had been working with Bulgaria to find the Australian suspect for last year's terror attack in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
"The Australian Federal Police (AFP) has worked with Bulgarian authorities in pursuit of those responsible for the bombing," Carr said in a statement on Wednesday, as cited by Sky News Australia.
"All Australians would be proud that the AFP has played an important role in this investigation to date," he added.
Sky News Australia has reminded that the country's government has listed the Hezbollah External Security Organisation (ESO) as a terrorist group since 2003, and that membership or support for the organisation is a crime in Australia.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
Tsvetanov revealed that a man with an Australian passport and a man with a Canadian passport were two of the three conspirators involved in the attack, which claimed the lives of five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
- » Bulgaria's Border Police Detained 6499 Illegal Immigrants in 2014
- » Ex Military Medical Academy Head Charged with Deliberate Mismanagement
- » Man Shot Dead in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Foreign National Finds Dead Body Near Bulgaria's Vidin
- » Czech Shooting ‘Not Terrorist Attack’, Interior Minister Chovanec Says
- » At Least Nine People Killed After Shooting in Czech Republic