US Praises Bulgaria's Burgas Terror Probe, Condemns Hezbollah
US Secretary of State John Kerry has lauded Bulgaria for its "thorough and professional investigation" into the July 18, 2012, Burgas terrorist attack.
"The finding is clear and unequivocal: Lebanese Hezbollah was responsible for this deadly assault on European soil. We condemn Hezbollah in the strongest terms for an attack which bears striking similarities to other disrupted plots of the last year," Kerry has said in a statement.
'The United States is acting decisively and comprehensively to curtail Hezbollah's destabilizing actions in Europe, Southeast Asia, South America, and the Middle East, and we are prepared to do all within our power to assist the Government of Bulgaria in bringing those responsible for the Burgas attack to justice."
The US Secretary of State has further urged the governments around the world – "and particularly our partners in Europe" – to take immediate action to crack down on Hezbollah.
"We need to send an unequivocal message to this terrorist group that it can no longer engage in despicable actions with impunity."
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
Tsvetanov revealed that a man with an Australian passport and a man with a Canadian passport were two of the three conspirators involved in the attack, which claimed the lives of five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
- » Speaker of Croatian Parliament Arrives in Bulgaria on 1-Day Visit
- » Plevneliev, Djukanovic Discuss Projects to Increase Energy, Transport Connections
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister: Montenegro Is Ready to Join NATO
- » Montenegro Is Ready to Join NATO, Bulgarian PM Says
- » Bulgaria, Montenegro to Boost Cooperation in Culture
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister, Turkey’s President to Arrange Meeting to Discuss Energy Projects