Bulgaria Says It Knows Location of Burgas Bombing Suspects
Bulgaria is aware of the identities and the location of the three living suspects for last year's terror attack in Burgas, a Bulgarian official has stated.
The three suspects are based in the same country, Stanimir Florov, head of Bulgaria's Main Directorate for Combatting Organized Crime, said Wednesday, without specifying the country.
Bulgaria will request assistance from the country in question, Florov told TV7.
The official confirmed that the bomb was probably remotely detonated. It was allegedly planned to explode while the bus was in motion, but the terrorists committed a mistake.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated Tuesday that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
Tsvetanov revealed that a man with an Australian passport and a man with a Canadian passport were two of the three conspirators involved in the attack, which claimed the lives of five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna