Massive Quake Strikes off Solomon Islands, Tsunami Warning Lifted
A powerful 8.0-magnitude earthquake struck off the Solomon Islands in the South Pacific on Wednesday, triggering a localized tsunami.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center initially issued a tsunami warning for several countries in the area, including Papua New Guinea and Fiji.
However, the center later canceled the alert after reassessing the relevant data, CNN informs.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The center of the quake was located near the Santa Cruz Islands.
- » North Korean Diplomat: Nuclear War May Break out at any Moment
- » 'Dozens of IS Fighters Killed' in Yemen Strikes
- » Prague Poised to Turn Away From Brussels
- » Portugal PM Vows to Implement Fire Prevention Reforms
- » Iraqi Forces Seize Oil City Kirkuk From Kurds in Bold Advance
- » Huge New Screen in London's Picadilly Circus will Display Ads Based on Nearby Cars and People