Bulgaria Tightens Security of Its Embassy in Lebanon
Security was tightened at the Bulgarian embassy in Beirut on Tuesday, the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry has told local media.
The announcement follows Tuesday's statement by Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov that Lebanon's Hezbollah organization could have financed the July 2012 terror attack in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
It was the first time a Bulgarian official explicitly named an organization as being implicated in the attack, that claimed the lives of 5 Israeli tourists, their Bulgarian bus driver, and the suspected suicide bomber.
Several western embassies in Lebanon have also stepped up their security, Dnevnik.bg informs, citing Saudi media.
- » First Ships of NATO Navy Exercise ‘Breeze 2015’ Anchored in Varna
- » Bulgaria's Varna Hosts International Naval Exercise Breeze 2015
- » Bulgaria to Complete Fence at Border with Turkey by End of Year
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Approves Negotiations for Purchase of New Fighter Jets
- » Bulgaria’s Counterterrorism Center to Start Collecting Data on Violent Extremism, Radicalization
- » 14 US Tanks to Hold Military Trainings in Bulgaria