Bulgaria Tightens Security of Its Embassy in Lebanon
Security was tightened at the Bulgarian embassy in Beirut on Tuesday, the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry has told local media.
The announcement follows Tuesday's statement by Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov that Lebanon's Hezbollah organization could have financed the July 2012 terror attack in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
It was the first time a Bulgarian official explicitly named an organization as being implicated in the attack, that claimed the lives of 5 Israeli tourists, their Bulgarian bus driver, and the suspected suicide bomber.
Several western embassies in Lebanon have also stepped up their security, Dnevnik.bg informs, citing Saudi media.
- » Bulgarian Army Gets 10 US Armoured Personnel Vehicles
- » Bulgaria's Entry in New Afghanistan Mission to be Decided Wednesday
- » Bulgaria’s Air Defence Is ‘Critical Area’, Shalamanov tells BBC
- » Bulgaria to Take Part in Non-Military NATO Mission in Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria's Military 'to Demand' BGN 200 M Budget Hike for 2015
- » Two NATO Ships Enter Black Sea