Bulgaria Tightens Security of Its Embassy in Lebanon
Security was tightened at the Bulgarian embassy in Beirut on Tuesday, the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry has told local media.
The announcement follows Tuesday's statement by Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov that Lebanon's Hezbollah organization could have financed the July 2012 terror attack in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
It was the first time a Bulgarian official explicitly named an organization as being implicated in the attack, that claimed the lives of 5 Israeli tourists, their Bulgarian bus driver, and the suspected suicide bomber.
Several western embassies in Lebanon have also stepped up their security, Dnevnik.bg informs, citing Saudi media.
- » Bulgarian Defence Ministry Stops Public Procurement Order for Fuels Delivery
- » Negotiations Held With USA, UK, Poland on Common Defence of Bulgarian Air Space
- » Bulgarian and American Pilots to Defend Bulgarian Air Space
- » Bulgaria MPs See Syria Crisis, Migrants as Top Threats to National Security
- » USAF to Deploy F-15s in Joint Air Policing Mission with Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Appoint Defense Attache in U.S. as New Air Force Chief