Bulgaria Tightens Security of Its Embassy in Lebanon
Security was tightened at the Bulgarian embassy in Beirut on Tuesday, the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry has told local media.
The announcement follows Tuesday's statement by Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov that Lebanon's Hezbollah organization could have financed the July 2012 terror attack in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
It was the first time a Bulgarian official explicitly named an organization as being implicated in the attack, that claimed the lives of 5 Israeli tourists, their Bulgarian bus driver, and the suspected suicide bomber.
Several western embassies in Lebanon have also stepped up their security, Dnevnik.bg informs, citing Saudi media.
- » Bulgaria 'Stage of Hybrid War over Ukraine,' Official Report Says
- » Novo Selo Drills in mid-April to Bring 1000 Foreign Troops to Bulgaria
- » US-led Drills Involving Bulgaria Begin in Romania
- » Bulgaria Gov't to Snub President on Defense Budget
- » MPs Approve Legal Changes Paving Way for NATO Coordination Center in Sofia
- » Russian Action in Ukraine 'Could Affect Bulgaria' - NATO Official