Bulgaria Confirms: Australian Involved in Burgas Bombing
An Australian national was involved in last year's deadly terror attack in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas, Bulgarian authorities confirmed Tuesday.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov said that Bulgaria has identified two of the three individuals who perpetrated the July 2012 terror attack.
He stated that they possessed an Australian and a Canadian passport, but have been residing in Lebanon since 2006.
Reports that an Australian citizen was involved in the attack emerged last week. The Bulgarian Sega daily reported that the terror group responsible for the bus bombing at the Burgas airport in July 2012 consisted of Arabs with dual citizenship, one of whom had an Australian passport.
The bombing at the Burgas Sarafovo airport killed 5 Israeli tourists, their Bulgarian bus driver and the perpetrator of the attack.
- » Seven-Week US Drills Involving Bulgaria to Start in May
- » Foreign Air Policing Missions 'Would Be Shame on Bulgaria' - MP
- » Bulgaria Should Boost Defense Spending, President Says after Security Meeting
- » Pro-NATO, Pro-Gov't Protest Staged outside Bulgaria Presidency
- » Bulgaria 'Can Jointly Produce APCs' with US
- » Consultative Council at Bulgaria Presidency to Meet over Security, Armed Forces