Bulgaria Confirms: Australian Involved in Burgas Bombing
An Australian national was involved in last year's deadly terror attack in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas, Bulgarian authorities confirmed Tuesday.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov said that Bulgaria has identified two of the three individuals who perpetrated the July 2012 terror attack.
He stated that they possessed an Australian and a Canadian passport, but have been residing in Lebanon since 2006.
Reports that an Australian citizen was involved in the attack emerged last week. The Bulgarian Sega daily reported that the terror group responsible for the bus bombing at the Burgas airport in July 2012 consisted of Arabs with dual citizenship, one of whom had an Australian passport.
The bombing at the Burgas Sarafovo airport killed 5 Israeli tourists, their Bulgarian bus driver and the perpetrator of the attack.
- » Gallup International: Only 25% of the People in Bulgaria Are Ready To Fight For Their Country
- » US and South Korea Began Joint Military Exercises
- » 600 Armed Military to Protect the Border Between Turkey and Bulgaria
- » Sweden to Increase Defence Spending by USD 1 Billion by 2020
- » Over 100 Nations to Participate in Army-2017 Forum
- » Today Bulgaria Will Sent the 34th Contingent of the Bulgarian Army to Participate in NATO Mission in Afghanistan