Bulgaria Interior Min: Hezbollah Could Be behind Burgas Terror
Bulgarian investigators have information suggesting that Hezbollah could have financed the July 2012 terror attack in Burgas, stated Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov Tuesday.
This comes after an extraordinarily long, 6-hour sitting of Bulgaria's Consultative Council for National Security.
It is the first time a Bulgarian official explicitly names an organization as being implicated in the attack, that claimed the lives of 5 Israeli tourists, their Bulgarian bus driver, and the suspected suicide bomber.
- » Bulgaria Spent BGN 23.7 M on Its Military Aviation in 2015
- » NATO Ministers Agree to Beef up Defence Posture on Eastern Flank
- » Defence Ministers Expected to Agree on Enhanced NATO Presence in East
- » Joint Air Policing to Make Bulgaria ‘More Reliable’ NATO Ally, Def Min Says
- » Bulgarian MPs Approve Participation of Allied Aircraft in Joint Air Policing Missions
- » Bulgaria Govt Nominates Constantin Popov as Next Chief of Defense