Bulgaria Learns Identity of Burgas Bombing Accomplices
Bulgarian authorities have identified several people involved in last year's terror attack in the Black Sea city of Burgas, a Bulgarian Member of Parliament told reporters on Tuesday.
Yordan Bakalov, a lawmaker from the right-wing Blue Coalition, took part in Tuesday's sitting of Bulgaria's Consultative Council for National Security. Prior to the sitting, numerous international media claimed that Bulgaria was about blame Hezbollah for the deadly bus bombing.
However, Bakalov has stated that authorities are yet to determine who was responsible for the attack.
"The investigation should continue, so that we can find out who ordered the attack," he said.
The lawmaker said that no Bulgarian nationals were involved in the July 18 bus bombing. He refused to name the nationalities of those involved in the attack.
Bakalov also criticized Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov, stating that the report he read during the Consultative Council sitting was "superficial."
More details about the key sitting and the Burgas terror attack are expected to be announced later.
- » Bulgaria, Romania, US to Hold Military Drill in Black Sea
- » USS Truxtun Sails In the Black Sea for Exercises with Bulgaria's Navy
- » Bulgaria Steps Up Border Control Because of Ukraine
- » Bulgaria's PM Summons Security Council Over Ukraine's Crisis
- » Bulgaria's Ministry of Defense Systematically Underfinanced – PM
- » Bulgarian Named Chair of NATO Investment Committee