Smoking in Public Spaces Doomed to Fail in Bulgarian Referendum - Poll
Supporters of the existing full smoking ban for enclosed public spaces in Bulgaria will win overwhelmingly if a referendum takes place on the issue, according to a poll.
The latest poll conducted by the National Center for Study of Public Opinion has shown that approximately 61% of Bulgarians are in favor of the ban, while 39% are against it.
Smokers, as well as owners of restaurants and bars, have staged a number of protests against the bans since it was imposed in June 2012.
Bulgaria's marginal right-wing Union of Democratic Forces party announced last week that it will start a petition for a referendum on smoking in public spaces.
Parliamentary debates on the full smoking ban imposed in Bulgaria on June 1, 2012, are set to continue.
- » Bulgaria Ranks First in Unfortunate EU Health Statistics
- » Many Bulgarians Travel Over 50 km to See A Doctor
- » Bulgaria and Greece To Set Up Transplantation Network
- » Half of Bulgaria's Medics Will Retire Within 10 Years
- » Bulgaria Launches Valentine's Day AIDS Campaign
- » Some 2 M Bulgarians Do Not Pay for Health Care