Smoking in Public Spaces Doomed to Fail in Bulgarian Referendum - Poll
Supporters of the existing full smoking ban for enclosed public spaces in Bulgaria will win overwhelmingly if a referendum takes place on the issue, according to a poll.
The latest poll conducted by the National Center for Study of Public Opinion has shown that approximately 61% of Bulgarians are in favor of the ban, while 39% are against it.
Smokers, as well as owners of restaurants and bars, have staged a number of protests against the bans since it was imposed in June 2012.
Bulgaria's marginal right-wing Union of Democratic Forces party announced last week that it will start a petition for a referendum on smoking in public spaces.
Parliamentary debates on the full smoking ban imposed in Bulgaria on June 1, 2012, are set to continue.
- » Top Bottled Water Brands Contaminated with Plastic Particles
- » Over 200,000 Bulgarians Suffer from Glaucoma
- » There is a Shortage of Dentists in Several Areas of the Country
- » Spring Allergies Attack us After the Flu
- » Greece Looks to Draw Billion-Dollar Investments After Legalizing Medical Marijuana
- » An Internet Platform will Help People with Oncological Diseases