Shot Bulgarian Mobster Reported in Coma
Notorious Bulgarian drug lord Zlatomir Ivanov aka The Beret, who was shot last Tuesday in downtown Sofia, is in a state of medically-induced coma, according to local media.
Ivanov's lawyer, Mariyana Todorova, has told reporters that she hopes her client would recover. She has also stated that he has not been in contact with anyone.
Ivanov was shot in broad daylight in the vicinity of the main courtroom building in the Bulgarian capital on Tuesday as he was going there for an appeals hearing in an illegal drugs distribution case against him.
Zlatomir Ivanov was arrested on February 7, 2009, after he turned himself in to Bulgaria's National State Security Agency DANS. He was charged with organizing and leading an organized crime group dealing with drug distribution and murders.
In 2012, Baretata was sentenced to 8 years of jail time.
- » Court Ends Money Laundering Probe against Bulgaria Ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker
- » GERB MP Agrees to Have Immunity Lifted over Investigation
- » Arrested Attacker Confesses to Armed Robbery Attempt in Bulgaria’s Sredetz
- » Two People Killed in Two Separate Incidents in Southern Bulgaria
- » Attempt for Armed Robbery Leaves One Attacker Dead in Bulgaria's Sredets
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015