Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.9 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southwestern Bulgaria Tuesday, in the first hours of the new week.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 10 km. The epicenter is located 18 km northwest of the town of Gotse Delchev in the Blagoevgrad region - 111 km south from the capital Sofia and 97 km southwest of the second largest city of Plovdiv.
The tremor was registered at 8:06 am. It was also reported by the Geophysics Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
There are no reports of casualties or damage. The shock was not felt by local residents.
- » Today it Will be Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures 20°-25°
- » Code Yellow Warning Issued Over Heavy Rain in 18 Bulgarian Districts
- » Yellow Code For Intensive Rains and Thunders For 7 Regions
- » Yellow Code Announced for 7 Districts in Bulgaria Over Intense Rain
- » Many Clouds, Short Rains in Many Places in the Afternoon, with Thunders
- » Intensive Rains in Some Areas, Hailstorms Possible