Iran Threatens Israel over Syria Attack
Israel will regret its "latest aggression" on Syria, a high Iranian official declared Monday in Damascus.
Saeed Jalili, the head of Iran's National Security Council, said the entire Muslim world should be ready to defend the Syrian people in the aftermath of the attack.
"Just as it regretted its aggressions after the 33-day, 22-day and eight-day wars, today the Zionist entity will regret the aggression it launched against Syria," Jalili said, as cited by Huffington Post. He referred to past wars between Israel and the Lebanese militant Hezbollah and Palestinian Hamas groups.
The Syrian government has said that Israeli jets bombed a defense research center near Damascus last week.
On Sunday, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak appeared to acknowledge for the first time that Israel carried out the attack.
- » UN Security Council to Meet over North Korea Rocket Launch
- » Traffic Resumes at Kulata Crossing on Bulgaria’s Border with Greece
- » Austria Wants EUR 600 M from EU to Cover Extra 2015 Asylum Costs
- » Key Bulgaria-Greece Border Crossings Remain Closed
- » Ex-Greek FinMin Varoufakis's Movement 'to Seek Allies in Bulgaria'
- » Two Bulgaria-Greece Border Crossings Sealed to All Traffic