Iran Threatens Israel over Syria Attack
Israel will regret its "latest aggression" on Syria, a high Iranian official declared Monday in Damascus.
Saeed Jalili, the head of Iran's National Security Council, said the entire Muslim world should be ready to defend the Syrian people in the aftermath of the attack.
"Just as it regretted its aggressions after the 33-day, 22-day and eight-day wars, today the Zionist entity will regret the aggression it launched against Syria," Jalili said, as cited by Huffington Post. He referred to past wars between Israel and the Lebanese militant Hezbollah and Palestinian Hamas groups.
The Syrian government has said that Israeli jets bombed a defense research center near Damascus last week.
On Sunday, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak appeared to acknowledge for the first time that Israel carried out the attack.
- » EU Leaders Sign New Declaration 60 years After Signature of Treaty of Rome
- » France and Germany Tell UK to Expect No Brexit Favours
- » Two Charged Over Arms Supply to French Airport Attacker
- » Theresa May to Announce UK Will Reclaim its Waters For British Fishermen
- » Polish PM Heading Off to EU Summit, Warns Against Two-Speed Europe
- » Two More People Have Been Arrested After the Attack in London