Bulgaria to Unveil New Orthodox Patriarch on February 24
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church will announce its new Patriarch on February 24, local clerics confirmed on Monday.
An election of delegates who will elect the church's new Patriarch was held in January.
The delegates will convene on February 24 to elect Bulgaria's new Patriarch, out of the three candidacies proposed by the Holy Synod one week ahead.
A candidate must be a serving metropolitan bishop, to have been in that position for at least 5 years, and to be over 50 years of age.
Bulgarian Orthodox Church long-serving Patriarch Maxim passed away of old age on November 6, 2012.
- » Novinite's Personalities in the News Poll Closes in Four Weeks
- » Bulgaria's Prolet Gallery To Present Graphics Exhibition by Veliko Marinchevski
- » Code Yellow Declared for All of Bulgaria for Saturday
- » Sofia Ethnographic Museum To Present Surva, Vasilitsa
- » Fresh Snow Catches Bulgaria Off-Guard
- » Greece Halts Trucks from Bulgaria over Bad Weather