Bulgaria to Unveil New Orthodox Patriarch on February 24
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church will announce its new Patriarch on February 24, local clerics confirmed on Monday.
An election of delegates who will elect the church's new Patriarch was held in January.
The delegates will convene on February 24 to elect Bulgaria's new Patriarch, out of the three candidacies proposed by the Holy Synod one week ahead.
A candidate must be a serving metropolitan bishop, to have been in that position for at least 5 years, and to be over 50 years of age.
Bulgarian Orthodox Church long-serving Patriarch Maxim passed away of old age on November 6, 2012.
- » Heavy Traffic Across Bulgaria as People Embark on Trips for Easter
- » Bulgarian Media 'Partly Free' - Freedom House Report
- » Bulgaria MPs Revoke Beach Camping Ban in 2nd Reading
- » Soilwork Also Joins Kavarna Rock Fest 2016
- » Kavarna Rock Fest 2016: First 3 Bands Confirmed
- » Al Di Meola to Play at Sofia Guitar Festival in May