Bulgarian, UK Prime Minister to Play Charity Football Match in Sofia
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and his British counterpart David Cameron will take part in a charity football match in Sofia on May 25.
A Bulgarian star team will play of Aston Villa veterans to raise funds for the treatment of children with leukemia in Bulgaria.
The match is organized by Stiliyan Petrov, long-standing captain of the Bulgarian national team, who is also fighting leukemia.
The charity football match on the Vasil Levski National Stadium starts at 3 p.m. on May 25 and will be aired live by the Bulgarian National Television (BNT).
Tickets will cost BGN 10.
The British team will include Aston Villa legend Peter With, while the Bulgarian team will feature Dimitar Berbatov and many players from the legendary national team from 1994.
The head coach of the Bulgarians will be Dimitar Penev.
Bulgaria's Prime Minister has confirmed his participation in the charity match and his British counterpart is yet to come up with a statement.
The event will take place under the aegis of Stiliyan Petrov, whose attendance is yet to be confirmed.
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Raising Funds over Hitrino Train Disaster
- » High Speed 'Main Hypothesis' for Hitrino Train Blast
- » Emergency Declared in Bulgaria's Hitrino over Gas Exposure
- » Bulgarian Authorities Warn of Complications after Train Blast in Hitrino
- » Bulgaria's Hitrino Braces for Cleanup after Tragic Blast
- » Death Toll of Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast Rises to 7