Barak Hints of Israeli Involvement in Strike on Syrian Arms Complex
Israeli Defense Minister has appeared to acknowledge for the first time that Israel carried out an attack on a Syrian arms complex earlier this week.
Barak has declared that the strike showed Israel was serious about preventing the flow of heavy weapons into Lebanon.
The Syrian government has said that Israeli jets bombed a defense research center near Damascus.
"That's proof when we said something we mean it," Barak commented during a security conference in Munich, as cited by The Washington Post.
"We say that we don't think it should be allowed to bring advanced weapons systems into Lebanon."
However, the Israeli Defense Minister stated that he could not add information to what had already been reported on "what happened in Syria several days ago."
- » Putin Warns Russians Internet Is 'CIA Project'
- » Kosovo Extends EULEX Mission, Creates War Crimes Court
- » Serbian Parliament 'Complete', Govt to Be Announced Saturday
- » Deaths Reported in Ukraine's Slaviansk Operation
- » No Breakthrough in US-Japan Trade Deal
- » Afghan Hospital Guard Kills 3 American Medics