Barak Hints of Israeli Involvement in Strike on Syrian Arms Complex
Israeli Defense Minister has appeared to acknowledge for the first time that Israel carried out an attack on a Syrian arms complex earlier this week.
Barak has declared that the strike showed Israel was serious about preventing the flow of heavy weapons into Lebanon.
The Syrian government has said that Israeli jets bombed a defense research center near Damascus.
"That's proof when we said something we mean it," Barak commented during a security conference in Munich, as cited by The Washington Post.
"We say that we don't think it should be allowed to bring advanced weapons systems into Lebanon."
However, the Israeli Defense Minister stated that he could not add information to what had already been reported on "what happened in Syria several days ago."
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year
- » EP's Schulz Criticises Tsipras of Splitting Common EU Stance on Russia
- » EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Further Sanctions Against Russia
- » New Greek Govt Objects to EU Call for Further Sanctions on Russia
- » Gazprom Plans to Start Pumping Gas to Turkey via New Pipeline in Dec 2016
- » SYRIZA Determined to Seek Renegotiation of Greek Debt