Suicide Attack, Gunmen Kill at Least 30 in Northern Iraq
At least 30 people were killed and another 70 wounded after gunmen and a suicide bomber attacked a police complex in the city of Kirkuk in northern Iraq.
The gunmen stormed the police compound after a car bomb was detonated by a suicide attacker, police authorities have revealed, as cited by RIA Novosti.
No group has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
CNN has reminded that the oil-rich Kirkuk, about 240 kilometers north of Baghdad, has been the scene of tensions recently. It is also one of the disputed areas in the country between the central government and Kurdistan regional government.
- » Brexit: EU Referendum Petition Hits 3 M Signatures
- » Soros Warns of 'Irreversible' EU Disintegration after Brexit
- » Spain Holds Early Election after Failed Govt Talks
- » UK EU Commissioner Jonathan Hill Resigns
- » EU Leaders Hope UK Will Remain Close Partner After Brexit
- » Turkey Has Not Yet Confirmed Suspension of Readmission Agreement with Bulgaria