Suicide Attack, Gunmen Kill at Least 30 in Northern Iraq
At least 30 people were killed and another 70 wounded after gunmen and a suicide bomber attacked a police complex in the city of Kirkuk in northern Iraq.
The gunmen stormed the police compound after a car bomb was detonated by a suicide attacker, police authorities have revealed, as cited by RIA Novosti.
No group has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
CNN has reminded that the oil-rich Kirkuk, about 240 kilometers north of Baghdad, has been the scene of tensions recently. It is also one of the disputed areas in the country between the central government and Kurdistan regional government.
- » Serbia and Macedonia Agree to Mend Ties After Embassy Pullout
- » Turkey, Iraq to Cooperate to Defeat PKK, FM Çavuşoğlu Says
- » Theresa May Says UK Leaving EU Court's Jurisdiction After Brexit
- » UN Racism Committee Issues 'Warning' Over US Tensions
- » The United States is Suspending USD 300 million in Aid to Egypt
- » Warsaw Revives Call for German WWII Reparations