Suicide Attack, Gunmen Kill at Least 30 in Northern Iraq
At least 30 people were killed and another 70 wounded after gunmen and a suicide bomber attacked a police complex in the city of Kirkuk in northern Iraq.
The gunmen stormed the police compound after a car bomb was detonated by a suicide attacker, police authorities have revealed, as cited by RIA Novosti.
No group has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
CNN has reminded that the oil-rich Kirkuk, about 240 kilometers north of Baghdad, has been the scene of tensions recently. It is also one of the disputed areas in the country between the central government and Kurdistan regional government.
- » Arseny Yatseniuk Elected For Prime Minister Of Ukraine
- » EU Commission Survives Vote of No Confidence in Parliament
- » Bulgaria, Romania Citizens Help Fuel Rise in UK Net Migration
- » UK's Main Parties Agree to Grant More Powers to Scotland
- » General Strike Halts Services Across Greece
- » Tony Blair Urges West-Russia Cooperation Against Islamic Extremism