Suicide Attack, Gunmen Kill at Least 30 in Northern Iraq
At least 30 people were killed and another 70 wounded after gunmen and a suicide bomber attacked a police complex in the city of Kirkuk in northern Iraq.
The gunmen stormed the police compound after a car bomb was detonated by a suicide attacker, police authorities have revealed, as cited by RIA Novosti.
No group has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
CNN has reminded that the oil-rich Kirkuk, about 240 kilometers north of Baghdad, has been the scene of tensions recently. It is also one of the disputed areas in the country between the central government and Kurdistan regional government.
- » 5.3-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Western Greece
- » Kiev, Pro-Moscow Rebels Agree to Set Buffer Zone to Bolster Ceasefire
- » First French Air Strikes Against Islamic State Destroy Supply Depot
- » Russia Mulls Isolating Itself from Global Internet
- » UK Retains Commitment to Devolution after Scotland's 'No'
- » Serbia Cuts Pensions, Public Sector Salaries