Suicide Attack, Gunmen Kill at Least 30 in Northern Iraq
At least 30 people were killed and another 70 wounded after gunmen and a suicide bomber attacked a police complex in the city of Kirkuk in northern Iraq.
The gunmen stormed the police compound after a car bomb was detonated by a suicide attacker, police authorities have revealed, as cited by RIA Novosti.
No group has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
CNN has reminded that the oil-rich Kirkuk, about 240 kilometers north of Baghdad, has been the scene of tensions recently. It is also one of the disputed areas in the country between the central government and Kurdistan regional government.
- » Romanian PM ousted in no-confidence vote
- » Justice minister Francois Bayrou is quitting French government
- » French Police Found Champs Elysees Attacker's Weapons
- » Premier Filip on a Working Visit to Brussels
- » Merkel Ready to Consider Macron Eurozone Reform Ideas
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to London: 'Attack at Finsbury Park Mosque is Defined as Potential Terrorist Attack'