Bulgaria Declares Code Yellow over Gusty Winds
Code yellow has been declared for twenty three Bulgarian regions Sunday over the forecast for gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
Only 5 regions – Vidin, Montana, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv and Smolyan are under code green.
The weather will be warm for January with temperatures varying significantly.
The temperatures during the day will be 5C to 8C in northwestern Bulgaria to plus 12 - 17C in the rest of in the rest of the country.
Rain is to arrive in western Bulgaria around noon and it will reach the eastern parts by the evening. It will turn into light snow in some higher elevations.
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria Warns of Snowfall, Rising River Levels