Bulgaria Declares Code Yellow over Gusty Winds
Code yellow has been declared for twenty three Bulgarian regions Sunday over the forecast for gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
Only 5 regions – Vidin, Montana, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv and Smolyan are under code green.
The weather will be warm for January with temperatures varying significantly.
The temperatures during the day will be 5C to 8C in northwestern Bulgaria to plus 12 - 17C in the rest of in the rest of the country.
Rain is to arrive in western Bulgaria around noon and it will reach the eastern parts by the evening. It will turn into light snow in some higher elevations.
- » Bulgaria Advertised For Illegal Grizzly Bear Hunting
- » Yellow Dust Found All Across Sofia
- » Sun, Rain and Hails To Take Over Bulgaria
- » Thunderstorms Expected Across Bulgaria
- » 73% of Bulgaria's Bathing Waters Were of Excellent Quality in 2014
- » Minor Earthquake Registered in Black Sea Near Bulgaria's Primorsko