Spring-Like Weather Brings 2 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
Two temperature records, both of them in the north, were measured in Bulgaria Saturday, as a wave of warm air has temporarily gripped the country amid winter.
Spring came back briefly to the city of Pleven, where the temperature of 17.5 degrees Celsius was measured, the other record being 12 C in nearby Svishtov.
Highs for most of the country were around or above 10 C Saturday, said Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Sunday will see similarly warm weather, with maximum temperatures expected to soar to 17 C in the south-west.
The north-west will remain cooler with highs at 5-8 C, with colder weather returning with north-western wind in the later part of the day.
Precipitation is expected to start, coming in first as rain and then turning to snow as the night falls.
Sunday weather in mountains is expected to be highly dynamic, with strong winds blowing at higher altitudes.
- » Bulgaria to Have Another Sunny Summer Day on Friday
- » Bulgaria, Germany Sign Agreement on Implementing Innovative Environmental Projects
- » Black Sea Coast Nature Conservation Has Overwhelming Support among Bulgarians - Survey
- » Most of Bulgaria under Alert for Hot Weather on Monday
- » 3.1-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Bulgaria’s Petrich
- » Torrential Rain, Overflowing Rivers Flood Houses, Roads Across Bulgaria