Iran Fully Supports Assad Regime in Syria
Iran stands firmly behind the embattled regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad, stated Saturday Iranian Supreme National Security Council secretary Saeed Jalili.
According to Jalili, only the acting regime can ensure the restoration of peace and stability in the country.
"We will give our full support so that Syria remains capable to resist all arrogant conspirations from the west," stated the senior Iranian official.
According to Jalili, the insurgency in Syria has been sponsored by "Israel and other arrogant international forces" aiming to destabilize the country.
In the past few weeks, Russia, which has been seen as supportive of the Assad regime in the past, has been markedly distancing itself in a string of official statements.
- » Davutoglu's Future as Turkey PM Unclear As AKP Congress Scheduled
- » ECB to Stop Producing EUR 500 Note
- » EU Recommends Visa-Free Travel for Turkish Citizens
- » EU Proposes to Extend Border Controls inside Schengen Area
- » EU Proposes Visa-Free Travel to Schengen Zone for Kosovo Citizens
- » Turkey's Davutoglu Reportedly Mulls Resignation