Iran Fully Supports Assad Regime in Syria
Iran stands firmly behind the embattled regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad, stated Saturday Iranian Supreme National Security Council secretary Saeed Jalili.
According to Jalili, only the acting regime can ensure the restoration of peace and stability in the country.
"We will give our full support so that Syria remains capable to resist all arrogant conspirations from the west," stated the senior Iranian official.
According to Jalili, the insurgency in Syria has been sponsored by "Israel and other arrogant international forces" aiming to destabilize the country.
In the past few weeks, Russia, which has been seen as supportive of the Assad regime in the past, has been markedly distancing itself in a string of official statements.
- » Over 250,000 Migrants Arrive in Europe by Sea in 2016 - IOM
- » Red Cross Warns of Worsening Humanitarian Situation in Iraq
- » Migrant Arrivals in Greece Increase after Failed Coup Attempt in Turkey
- » Germany to Stick to Open-Door Policy on Refugees, Chancellor Merkel Says
- » France to Form National Guard to Help Counter Terror Attacks
- » Two Top Generals Resign in Turkey before Supreme Council Meeting